About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.
Job Purpose Statement
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
This role will lead the formation of a small team whose purpose is to focus on the information lifecycle of data needed to support the emerging reporting needs related to the ESG/Responsible Investing data domain. The incumbent will work to become a subject matter expert for what data is required to support regulatory and client needs at a detailed level providing data solution specifications and partnering with technology, reporting, and investments to solve complex system and system related needs and problems resulting in timely and accurate reporting.
How you'll spend your time....
1. Provide leadership to small team (2-4), within our larger Information Management function, focused on new data domain which is developing across the industry supporting RI/ESG investing and reporting.
2. Develop team resources and expertise as data SME for the Responsible Investing domain. Work closely with Investment Research, Technology, Portfolio Management, Responsible Investing, Legal/Compliance, Reporting, and other external and industry sources.
3. Interact with Information Management and Technology teams to understand the overall data ecosystem and enterprise information strategy as foundational to developing new data solutions.
4. Focus will be on developing the data/reporting requirements and specifications to enable information delivery related to ESG/RI. Provide input into and guide business partners on their requirements to partnering with Technology on designing solutions in alignment with business needs and the enterprise information strategy.
5. Work with Information Management leaders to develop standard requirements process and template-based framework for requirements and specifications.
6. Provide detailed documentation of business requirements and specifications for data interfaces to/from our strategic information assets. Work with data stewards and owners to ensure proper definitions and data governance.
7. Partner with investments and responsible investing professionals to understand data needs which align with investing strategies and reporting needs. Support development of strategic RI/ESG data solutions which provide high quality data for downstream consumption.
8. Partner with other Information Management teams and Technology to ensure data solutions developed with leverage of other strategic data sources such as account, product, security, etc.
9. Define test success criteria for business requirements which lead to effective quality assurance and testing
10. Ensure that all requirements, data mapping and stories are well-documented in strategic tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence) so that technology and testing partners have the necessary information to design, build, and test solutions.
11. Create effective test success criteria and work closely with testing teams on effective testing approaches; review and participate in defect triage
To be successful in this role you will have....
• Ability to learn and master ESG/RI data concepts and requirements related to regulatory and business needs to become the key enterprise RI data SME.
• Ability to effectively communicate the above RI concepts to multiple levels and roles within the organization to educate and gain alignment.
• Ability to effectively manage team resources to ensure projects are estimated correctly and deadlines are consistently met leveraging timely and proper escalation of issues and risks to keep on schedule.
• Proven ability to define and document data definitions, solutions, and specifications following standard templates and processes with solid revision governance.
• Ability to learn, understand and apply technology as it relates to the business.
• Troubleshoot and resolve routine and complex problems
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work effectively with a high level of clarity
• Excellent communication skills
• Open-minded to new or challenging ideas
If you also had this, it would be great....
• Good understanding of the asset management industry, especially knowing the difference between equities and bonds
• Master data and reference data (account, product, party, security, benchmark, etc.) management experience
• Understands supports agile methodologies and can work as an agile team member
• Experience working cross-organizationally with both business and technology groups
• Experience with database structures and SQL querying knowledge
• Experience documenting interfaces, requirements/stories, and test cases
• Familiar with document production solutions requiring enterprise data integration
• Familiar with ESG/Responsible Investing concepts and data required for reporting to clients, regulators, and marketing