Senior Equity Research Analyst – REITs
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
The Senior Equity Research Analyst is tasked with providing domain expertise and independent, bottoms-up fundamental analysis within his/her specific sector(s)/industry(s) of coverage in support of all relevant equity investment funds/portfolios of Thrivent Asset Management. Emphasis is on generating in-depth, proprietary equity research for the purpose of proactively providing investment recommendations to Thrivent equity products with compensation tied directly to the relative performance of those products in the analysts’ areas of responsibility. Makes buy and sell recommendations. May manage junior research staff. Contributes to process improvement. Possesses eight or more years of investment experience. Has delivered consistently strong performance via seasoned and proven judgment in the field of securities analysis. While specific coverage is assigned, analysts are expected to provide knowledge and expertise for their entire sectors and industries as requested and required across the complex.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently conducts proprietary research that includes, but is not limited to, management meetings, competitor discussions, expert networking, surveys, independent channel checks, operating site visits, federal filing analysis, and monitoring of all relevant media formats covering the company, sector and industry (including Street research). (35%)
- Extensive proprietary modeling and forecasting covering all facets of covered companies’ financial performance, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flows. (25%)
- Comprehensive valuation analysis of relevant sectors, industries and companies, considering multiple metrics (such as earnings, cash flows, private market valuations, assets), including industry-specific parameters as appropriate. (15%)
- Must maintain and proactively deliver contemporaneous recommendations and price targets for a covered industry/universe for the purpose of influencing the relevant investment decisions of products managed by Thrivent PM’s, or making primary investment decisions for portions of products directed by Thrivent analysts. (10%)
- Generate and maintain consistent flow of written and oral communication with portfolio managers and peers (including written research, presentation summaries, models, theses and coverage lists) for the purposes of investment decision support and knowledge sharing. (15%)
Required Job Qualifications
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
- CFA required.
- Eight plus years investment experience, with at least 7 years spent specifically involved in, or covering, the industry for which coverage is sought.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills, including expert use of Office software, Excel, Bloomberg and/or FactSet.
Other Critical Factors
- Must be committed to excellence, with a passion for winning.
- Must be a team-player, possessing the desire and ability to actively collaborate with peers in an environment of mutual respect.
- Must have the ability to leverage technology inside and outside the office to improve productivity and communication.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.