Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. The company
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1.3 trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and financial intermediaries in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise. The Position
The Director of APAC Marketing is responsible for leading the firm's marketing efforts in APAC covering Australia, Japan, Greater China and Singapore and is a member of and key contributor to the global marketing leadership team. This role will report to the global Head of Marketing and Communications. This individual will lead the team responsible for the development, direction, execution, and measurement of the marketing strategy and supporting programs that position and promote the firm's reputation, brand, investment capabilities and products/funds in the APAC region. This marketing leader will serve as a strategic thought partner to the business and will partner closely with key stakeholders including sales, relationship management, product management, fund sponsors organizations, compliance, and investors.
The candidate is expected to bring extensive regional knowledge and experience in working with different investor types and investment strategies across all major asset classes as well as alternatives and privates. The individual will have experience with multiple marketing disciplines, including persona and buyer journey development, product positioning for buyers in the region, public relations, campaign development, and thought leadership. This role requires the ability to establish strong and collaborative working relationships across functions and geographies as well as to manage and lead a local team including team members who report to global centers of excellence through a matrixed structure.
This role is part of a global team of regional (EMEA, APAC and Americas) and Center of Excellence teams within the larger Global Marketing function. Center of Excellence includes teams dedicated to content creation (writing/editing/proofreading), content management (readership optimization and content tagging), digital marketing (includes analytics), design (digital and print), corporate communications/PR, and marketing operations. Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership of APAC marketing function and team
- Development of regional marketing strategy and planning aligned to firm and sales priorities
- Regional public relations
- Regional campaign strategy and execution
- Regional digital marketing and oversight of regional/country websites
- Regional content strategy and content development that balances global and local needs
- Regional events strategy and execution
- Measurement and metrics of regional marketing programs and communication of progress to key stakeholders
- Coordination with other marketing colleagues to agree on priorities and leverage Center of Excellence resources (e.g. digital, creative, editorial) for execution of programs
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Extensive marketing experience in APAC within the asset management industry across intermediary and institutional audiences including deep knowledge of regional wealth and wholesale segments
- Expertise in APAC asset management industry including regulatory and legislative landscape, knowledge of UCITS and local fund ranges marketing rules across APAC especially in Singapore and Hong Kong, and understanding of financial promotions rules
- Fluency in English; additional Asian language skills such as Mandarin and Japanese are highly desired
- Skilled manager and leader with track record of hiring, developing, and motivating talent
- Ability to work in global organisation managing multiple stakeholders and tight timelines
- Commercial mindset with a focus on what activities will have the greatest impact on the business
- Demonstrated interest in investments and solid knowledge across both traditional and alternative asset classes
- Passion for working in a collaborative environment as part of a global team
- Creative marketer who stays abreast of evolving practices inside and outside the industry
- Strong influencer and skilled communicator with variety of stakeholders including senior management
- Intellectually curious with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong fit with the firm's cultural tenets of inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, and collegiality
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .