We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Account Manager, within the South Asia team, to drive and execute our institutional client initiatives. This would include sovereign entities, pensions, insurance, consultants, corporates and new uncovered institutional segments within the region.
PIMCO is recognized as a leading fixed income and alternatives managers globally. In APAC, our business franchise has also grown meaningfully, with expectations that the region will remain a key driver of growth. With the overall growth in APAC as a key strategic plan, PIMCO is looking for an Account Manager with good experience and strong potential to expand our footprint in South Asia, with a particular focus on expertise in managing complex institutional relationships.
The Account Manager will report to the head of Greater China Institutional & South Asia Client Management, and work within the South Asia Institutional team covering these markets.
- As the Lead Account Manager for the assigned client base:
- Acquire and oversee the relationship/initiatives of new and existing clients and mandates under coverage.
- Take ownership of the client relationships from front to back, ensure that all operational, compliance and legal requirements are met and business is conducted in line with practice.
- Participate in formal portfolio client reviews; the Account Manager needs to develop deep fixed income technical and macro expertise to act as the surrogate portfolio manager and represent the firm credibly
- Develop relationships across the strata of influential asset allocators and investment teams in key institutions which have been identified as being interested in developing partnerships of this nature.
- Position the full range of PIMCO's products and services to the assigned investor base with the assistance of senior investment professionals where appropriate. Development and implementation of a plan to identify prospects and raise assets across all PIMCO's products
- As a supporting Account Manager for the assigned client base:
- Collaborate with the Lead Account Manager and client management team to provide relationship management coverage, including stepping in as the Account Manager as appropriate
- As a key member of the South Asia Institutional Client Management team,
- Develop and execute a holistic business plan to deepen and broaden the firm's footprint, with a primary emphasis on government-related entities, and a secondary emphasis on other institutional segments
- Build and maintain a detailed knowledge of key business and strategic issues facing target channels, with the objective of addressing these issues
- Identify new business segments with the objective of growing our client base
- Proven record in growing and managing institutional client relationships in South East Asia, with a particular focus on government-related institutions
- Experience in onboarding and managing complex relationships, in particular the ability to oversee the full spectrum on client-related needs from front end to back end
- Outstanding sales closing, relationship management and negotiation skills. Capable of driving own agenda.
- Experienced business developer and servicer focused on meeting with clients very regularly and representing the firm at client meetings and key events.
- Deep knowledge of the dynamics of investment management industry focused around meeting client demands.
- Stature, gravitas and seniority to operate at the highest level - internally and externally.
- Collegiate team player, experienced and comfortable working in an international operating environment.
- A significant understanding of economics, capital markets and investment concepts gained from 6 years' experience within the asset management industry. Experiences in fixed income, alternatives, private credit and real estate are strongly preferred.
- Language skills appropriate to the client coverage region strongly preferred
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Economics or relevant curriculum.
- Regulatory certificate in relevant jurisdiction
- CFA, or Masters Degree, or progress towards attaining the designation
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office