MGR/AVP5 - Market Risk Analyst (OSPL)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review market surveillance reports, monitor for stock concentration, suspicious activities and possible manipulation that could result in credit loss.
- Review risk control reports
- Review of counters with significant price declines, identify pump-and-dump stocks, adverse market news, concentrated margin portfolios and take pre-emptive measures against vulnerable accounts
- Review report of OSPL's house market risk limits and positions
- Review, recommend and adjust monthly counter concentration limits and price caps for marginable securities and identify distressed companies with the aim of assisting OSPL -Risk Management in managing the credit exposures of the share financing and cash clients
- Build-up the marginable calculation algorithm, make improvement to the margin calculations so as to derive productivity and reduction in manpower and make proposal for any downgrades and upgrades on stocks.
- Monitors Company's overall stock exposure.
- Recommends appropriate measures to deploy to mitigate any threat to OSPL margin / cash positions
- Run monthly stress test and review stress test report. Run ad hoc stress test to check on Futures and FX position that they are appropriately margin in line with the risk the company is taking.
- Section Lead
- A good degree in Accountancy/ Finance with 3 years of experience in securities and/or derivatives markets
- Strong understanding of the working of securities and/or derivatives markets
- Able to work independently according to procedure and pro-active in mitigating the credit and market risk for equity and derivatives products.
- Ability to handle, manipulate and organize big quantity of market data and make sense of them for credit decisioning.