Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
The Investor Engagement team plays a critical role in Wellington's success by providing continuous support and solutions to the firm's globally located investors across Asset Allocation, Commodities, Equity, Fixed Income, Macro Analysis and Risk Management.
There is an opportunity for a Senior Systems Analyst to play a key role in this global team from the London office to deliver solutions to our business partners, solve complex problems, and to ensure our Investors continue to receive the support and help they need to deliver alpha to our clients.
- Interact directly and proactively with investment professionals at all levels of the organization as a trusted advisor
- Proactively engage with IT, Operations and Investment colleagues to understand business process and how applications are used to facilitate it
- Use business process/application knowledge to answer or intelligently research functional and technical questions from business partners and colleagues
- Manage production incidents, ensure appropriate escalation, assist in determining root cause and prioritization of application fixes based on risk and ROI
- Respond to requests from our business for ad hoc analysis as well as other information delivery solutions
- Proactively engage in testing new system functionality as required, provide end user training and ensure appropriate support processes are in place for any system changes
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities for improved methods and approaches to support investment processes
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team as well as onshore and offshore consultants
- In time take ownership of the IT relationship with a nominated Investment Team(s) to facilitate and guide them through the technology prioritization processes and help them build business cases for their requests with clear ROI
- Occasional weekend on-call requirement (typically 4/5 times a year)
Profile requirements and qualifications
- Experience of supporting/analyzing Portfolio Construction applications in the Fixed Income, FX, Equity and associated derivatives domains
- Experience with investment data concepts such as holdings (e.g. exposures, look through, SOD, EOD, intraday...), transactions (e.g. open, executed, allocated...), security master (e.g. security set up, pricing, static data), analytics (e.g. DV01, Beta, CTD) and performance (e.g. CTR, alpha, gain/loss)
- Understanding of financial instruments such as equities, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards and FX
- Experience with SQL including understanding relational databases, performing select statements and joining tables
- Proactive analytical and problem-solving skills in investment management systems and data technologies
- Hands-on experience working directly with investment professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- High attention to detail and strong commitment to delivering quality, professional work is essential for this position.
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a global team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- 3-5+ years business analysis or systems analysis experience in financial statement analysis, investment management or financial services environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .