We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Client Solutions & Analytics
PIMCO is seeking a strategist to join its Client Solutions & Analytics group, focusing on Financial Institutions clients. This group leverages PIMCO's intellectual capital and resources to help our Insurance and Bank clients make better investment decisions.
PIMCO's Client Solutions & Analytics Group seeks to generate actionable investment insights by developing a comprehensive understanding of client objectives and drawing on PIMCO's proprietary research and analytics, macroeconomic views and deep asset class expertise to analyze potential market opportunities and risks.
Solutions Strategists take the lead role in analyzing the drivers of risk and return in client portfolios and suggesting ways to optimize these portfolios for the road ahead. They become trusted advisors to PIMCO's clients by delivering expertise in asset allocation, risk management, and investment strategies across all asset classes. Strategists frequently present their work to clients, consultants, and investment boards. Hence they must combine outstanding analytical skills and investment acumen with strong communication skills and empathy. In addition, Strategists develop new investment content and contribute to PIMCO's thought leadership. Positions are located in Newport Beach. Responsibilities:
The Strategist will partner with the Account Management team to interact with clients, understand their investment objectives and design solutions to meet client's individual objectives. The role requires a solid understanding of all major asset classes and how they interact in a portfolio. The team's key mandates can be summarized as follows:
1. Leverage PIMCO's investment management infrastructure: Deploy PIMCO's views, intellectual capital and technology to help clients (CIOs, CEOs, Boards) with the macro issues of investment management, such as asset allocation and risk management.
2. Generate thought leadership: Build capital efficient models and generate intellectual capital for PIMCO's Solutions activities.
3. Deliver (and present) customized analyses to clients and prospects: Become a trusted investment advisor to help PIMCO win mandates across products and asset classes. Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every new Investment Professional begins their career with a rigorous formal training program in our Newport Beach headquarters. PIMCO Fundamentals will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed - whatever your role in the firm. Your informal training will continue throughout your career at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional(s) who offers guidance and mentorship through the early stages of your career. Position Requirements: Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong interest in working on client-focused issues
• Strong communication skills and business acumen
• Manage a workload of multiple simultaneous projects while ensuring that deadlines are met
• Must work well in a team environment and collaborate effectively with all levels of personnel
• Strong investment knowledge base across all asset classes, especially fixed income and alternatives
• Knowledge of Insurance ALM Modelling or actuarial background a plus
• Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing) Requirements
• Pursuing an MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, or other equivalent Advanced Degree as it relates to the position, completion expected between Dec 2022 - June 2023.
• Fluent in English How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume here by October 11 th . Interviews and final rounds are planned to take place between Oct 17 - 28. Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office