The Columbia Threadneedle Investments Intern Program is designed to provide students with first-hand investment management experience. The selected candidate will be part of the U.S. Bank Loan team working directly with research analysts and portfolio managers in reviewing investment opportunities and monitoring the performance of individual loan investments. Working with our team the analyst will learn about the leverage loan market, the CLO market, and acquire skills for credit underwriting and monitoring. The analyst will support the team in formulating investment recommendations and prepare formal underwriting memos.
About the Columbia Threadneedle Internship Program:
Our 11-week summer intern program provides real-life experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As a Columbia Threadneedle intern, you will gain exposure to senior leaders, cultivate your business acumen, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a supportive, team-based atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others. Responsibilities
The intern will gain valuable experience learning about the bank loan market, the CLO market as well as the CLO structure. They will work directly with research analysts and portfolio managers to perform bottoms up fundamental credit research. Overall, it will be a great experience for the intern to lean more about the credit and structured product markets.
Examples of past intern projects include:
- Build a three-statement financial model and prepare earnings forecast
- Review investment opportunities in the primary and secondary loan markets. Prepare credit recommendation memos incorporating financial, credit and relative value analyses.
- Assist research analysts in updating data for industry reviews and compiling summary industry credit stats.
- Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Quantitative or Science degree with a focus in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of intellectual curiosity and aptitude for solving complex problems
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas. About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.