Our client is one of the larger and more successful nationally ranked RIAs in the Mid-Atlantic, with an extensive client base in the Carolinas, including two satellite offices. The firm has a very successful SMA and proprietary mutual fund business, a significant institutional client base, and a boutique middle-market private equity business. They are well capitalized and pursuing organic and inorganic growth strategies.
Work with existing and future clients of the firm to better their life goals and financial security. Pursuing a “clients come first” agenda, the firm focuses on customized solutions, a disciplined approach, objective advice, transparent processes, and personal commitment.
The Wealth Advisor will report to the Regional Partner of the office and be responsible for teaming with other associates of the firm both to serve existing clients and aggressively prospect to build new relationships.
- Manage existing client relationships and maximize their potential through personal referrals due to superior relationship building.
- Build a network of relationships with regional influencers including other professional services firms, such as tax and accounting specialists, and legal advisors on trust and estate matters.
- Network the firm's existing retail channels for additional leads for SMA/sub-advisory business.
- Work with the regional partner to continually update and expand a strategic business development plan.
- Continually advance a personal development plan, including continuing education, sales and relationship training, and professional certifications, all with the firm's encouragement and support.
- Work with the investment, trading, service, operations, and marketing teams at the firm to support them in a variety of new business endeavors, as well as provide valuable market feedback on existing programs and client needs.
“Must Have” Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of client-facing experience with a well-regarded investment firm, and a minimum of 7 years of experience in financial services.
- Success working with institutional and retail clients in building long-term relationships.
- Experience working in a smaller corporate environment that is highly entrepreneurial.
- Successful track record working with a wide variety of stakeholders in a complex investment business.
- Strong academic qualifications, preferably including an advanced degree in business-related field, or professional certification such as a CFP or CFA.
- Familiarity with a number of technology/software applications including Microsoft Suite, Bloomberg, FactSet, and Salesforce, among others.
Personal and Professional Competencies
- ENERGY/ENDURANCE – Having a high capacity for work and the ability to maintain concentration and full mental and physical ability over long stretches of time.
- THRIVES ON CHALLENGE – Being attracted to first-time situations and stretch goals that put his/her abilities and those of the organization to the test.
- INTEGRITY – Doing the right thing by others, having the courage of own convictions, and adhering to strongly held principles and values.
- STRONG, HEALTHY EGO W/ A TEAM ORIENTATION – Having high self-esteem and self-confidence, balanced with an intimate knowledge of one’s strengths, limitations and a certain amount of humility and humor.
- EMPATHY – Understanding and acknowledging the feelings and experiences of others and acting out of a consideration for those feelings and experiences.
- SENSE OF HUMOR – Being able to be self-deprecatory and to see the lighter side of difficult situations.
- IMPACT & IMPRESSION – Generating a strong, positive, and remarkable personal presence resulting from one's bearing, style, words or behavior.
- COMMUNICATION – Being highly articulate and able to convey important messages to multiple constituencies in a clear and compelling manner.
- PERSUASIVENESS – Convincing others to act on information or recommendations based on compelling logic or common best interests.
- DEVELOPING & LEVERAGING RELATIONSHIPS – Creating and cultivating networks of people and using them to accomplish objectives.
- BUILDING COMMITMENT – Developing a powerful sense of shared purpose in others and motivating them to sign up for the challenges ahead.
- DRIVING RESULTS – Rigorously holding oneself and others accountable for achieving high levels of individual and organizational performance
- TENACITY/PERSISTENCE – Holding unwaveringly to a view of what must be done, pursuing goals despite significant obstacles or resistance from others.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Masters jobs
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Masters jobs
- Relationship Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Masters jobs
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Masters jobs