Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
The End User Virtualization (EUV) team is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to design, manage and support virtual desktop infrastructure and remote connectivity platforms. In a truly global team, this role will be responsible for technical EUV outcomes for the fastest growing region - APAC, while collaborating and participating in global large-scale projects. In the essence, this position is responsible for designing our end-to-end computing and virtualization experience of the firm's user base.
- Deliver technical EUV projects and operations for the APAC region.
- Design, manage and support Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and remote connectivity platforms.
- Proactively addressing problems in the VDI space, while constantly improving user satisfaction.
- Build new enhancements and technologies related to infrastructure Virtualization, Load Balancing, Monitoring services.
- Create and maintain time-saving automation jobs for our support teams that perform repetitive tasks in the Virtualization environment.
- Migration of users, including high-profile business partners from physical workstations to the virtual environment and ensure successful transition of work.
- Creating and maintaining a high-availability environment for our resources.
- Continuous optimization of virtual platforms, ensuring top performance of available resources. Seek opportunities for service improvement and ticket reduction.
- Build and update virtual images and Application Virtualization based on requirements from the business.
- Ensure all issues are logged appropriately and escalated as necessary using the Incident and Problem management process. Escalate issues to the wider support teams, vendors and team leads, as necessary.
- Provide training and guidance on best practices to our support user community.
Soft and non-technical:
- MSc or BS degree or equivalent 5-10 years of work experience in IT infrastructure space.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and investigative skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, often operating independently from co-workers.
- Ability to work with global teams effectively, with minimum daily supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Strong intellectual curiosity, aptitude to provide innovative solutions to problems.
- Attentive to detail and self-disciplined.
- Ability to work in flexible environment, while dealing well with ambiguity.
- Ability to create and manage work instructions, system and project documentation.
- Advanced technical skills in desktop computer administration.
- Advanced skills with VMware technology suite: Horizon View, VSphere, VCenter, ESXi, NSX...
- Familiarity with Roaming User Profiles, Instant Clones, Horizon Apps, App Volumes, DEM...
- Strong understanding and skills with Microsoft platforms.
- Ability to work with Linux.
- Advance technical skills with F5/Citrix NetScaler or equivalent load balancing platforms.
- Exposure to Cloud providers such as Azure and AWS.
- Experience with Application Virtualization in a VDI environment.
- Understand infrastructure security best-practices such as zero-trust, least-access, MFA, etc.
- Experience in utilizing and maintaining monitoring environments such as VRops, Nextthink, ControlUp, Splunk...
- Ability to write scripts and automate jobs/tasks using PowerShell, Python, Bash etc.
- Understanding of enterprise network technologies and protocols (LAN, WAN, VPN, DHCP, DNS...).
- VMware, Microsoft, AWS, Azure, Citrix and F5 certification is desirable.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .