About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
The Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) team is seeking to hire a Lead Systems Engineer responsible for architecting and delivering data governance platform solutions to activate capabilities for users to find, access, understand and trust data with multiple stakeholders across Enterprise Data Services (EDS). A deep, varied knowledge of financial services and its unique data needs is a significant advantage in the role. This role will work closely with the EDS Architecture team and Data Quality teams to align strategies in delivering solutions. While this is a technical role, the data governance program is heavily engaged in process and change. Therefore, the ability to articulate the "why" and "how" of solutions are keys to success RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the delivery of high-quality EDG platform solutions, including participating in architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment and support
- Work with business teams, project managers, and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications across the full stack - API services, web clients, infrastructure and back-end
- Design and manage the delivery of configuration driven changes in our stack of vendor provided solutions
- Manage the lifecycle of all EDG technical capabilities from POC to production to enhancement and retirement as necessary
- Work across tech and non-technical teams to evangelize and enable usage of EDG tools and processes
- Lead and mentor junior engineering resources
- Author architecture, technical design, and support documentation
- Seven plus years of relevant technical experience with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver from POC to enterprise scale
- Strong analytical skills and experience developing for cross - team programs with enterprise impact
- Deep understanding of data usage across transactional systems, warehousing / data lakes, analytics, business intelligence and reporting
- Solid understanding of data engineering concepts, including data quality
- Experience with Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud or similar meta data management and data governance tool
- Significant experience with Python, REST, JSON, OpenApi
- Solid relational database (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL), SQL and Spark skills
- Experience with reporting and BI software (Tableau, OBIEE, Jasper)
- Solid experience in AWS full stack deployment and management (CloudFormation, EC2, S3, Lambda) in a continuous integration (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory) environment
- Experience working with offshore teams and co - development
- Effective communication and presentations skills
- Experience with access management, role provisioning and identity
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .