About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
Our technology teams are responsible for building an application platform used by other development teams across Wellington to build and deploy portfolio manager facing applications (including research & collaboration, modelling, and order submission). We are seeking a candidate for a Lead Systems Engineer
to join the Workplace Technology Infrastructure Team. Who can work closely with other members of IT including other developers, business analysts, and QA engineers to design, develop, test, implement, and support solutions to meet business requirements. This role will provide global technical expertise and design technology solutions for Wellington's End-User community.
- Working with local teams to identify needs and define and execute plans to meet these needs
- Assist in the overall design, installation, and integration of Workplace Technology throughout the enterprise
- Lead the delivery of high-quality business solutions, including participating in architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support
- Work with business teams, project managers, and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications across the full stack - services, web and mobile clients, infrastructure and back-end
- Coordinate with analyst teams and vendors to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance
- Author technical design and support documentation
- Leverage automation (scripts/schedule tasks) to simplify repetitive tasks and enhance problem solving efforts
- Train other IT professionals (Tier 1 and Tier 2) on the developed solutions and expected impact
- Understanding infrastructure security best-practices such as zero-trust, least-access, MFA, etc.
- 12+ years of overall experience in the IT Infrastructure space
- Experience developing application with cloud technologies, such as AWS desired
- Experience in designing, managing, and supporting a global Cisco CUCM environment
- Managing and support a large Video Conferencing environment
- Expert level familiarity with building, customizing, deploying, and managing Windows
- Experience with enterprise configuration management tools such as SCCM/MECM, Intune or Ivanti
- Experience with managing thin client operating systems (OS) such as Windows IOT, Well Wyse, IGEL
- Experience of managing an Azure / 21Vianet infrastructure
- Provide persuasive feedback regarding the best approach to resolving systemic and singular problems (may include communication via telephone, in person, presenting to large groups, etc.)
- Experience with various software development methodologies, such as Agile
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability and willingness to work in an energetic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a business-critical production environment
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .