The RRE Business head role is responsible for end to end of the RRE business encompassing the full expectation as the 1st Line of defense for the business, working closely with 2nd line of defense to grow the RRE business in a responsible and effective manner.
Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities.
The IF Generalist Sr Group Mgr manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary.
Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an integral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business. Responsibilities:
- Works with the Regional product head to execute the product business strategy and deliver annual budgets and targets
- Revenue generator in own right, also lead team of Transactors providing oversight, mentoring, coaching and supports them in origination and transaction structuring as needed .
- The Product Transactor is an experienced lending product specialist and Credit Officer within the Investment Finance business, with direct client coverage responsibility. The Product Transactor is required to have strong structuring skills, origination/marketing capabilities and sound credit judgment and has the responsibility to work with Private Bankers for completing the due diligence, underwriting, obtaining approval and reviewing/closing documentation for new Facilities to clients.
- Marketing and sale of the full Product range, including client calling and account planning in partnership with Private Bankers
- Understand and anticipate clients' needs, following up with effective products and financial solutions
- Maximize revenue generation whilst achieving at least minimum return targets ensuring responsible lending growth
- Serve as member in relevant product governance forum and attend regional governance meetings as appropriate
- Responsible for appropriate transaction structuring and execution (within product programs) with appropriate risk and return characteristics, ensuring appropriate Credit Policy and Risk Acceptance standard compliance
- Define, coordinate and oversee the analytical activities of the deal team
- Define and negotiate the transaction and credit framework (including covenant definition)
- Oversee preparation of credit and capital allocation Memos (as applicable)
- Oversee the Credit Approval write up, for both new deals and annual reviews
- Negotiation, obtaining and closing of credit documentation, ensuring compliance with all Citi and external policies and coordinating with external counsel and Risk Management, as required
- Responsible for the early problem recognition process and must propose, when deemed appropriate, credit classification and appropriate risk rating on specific transactions/ relationships
- This is a demanding role for which a strong mix of credit and process skills is crucial. It requires an ability to influence stakeholders, including clients, seniors of the bank, Risk, auditors or other areas of the Bank, to deliver against budget and to ensure processes meet the Bank's highest standards.
- Participation in remedial management actions together with SARG as require
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- S trong and proven analytical, financial structuring and execution skills
- Strong marketing skills
- 15+ years' experience as a Credit Officer
- Strong knowledge of Citibank's Credit Policies, Product Programs and Citi Policies
- Good knowledge of financial markets, investments, banking and loan products
- Financial and cash flow modelling
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong initiative and interactive approach to problem solving
- Displays flexibility and independence in a demanding environment
- Excellent Leadership skills
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Private Client Product Services Job Family:
IF Lending Generalist Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting