S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Senior Operations Analyst (Derivative Pricing) The Team:
The fastest-growing product of S&P Global is its offering in the arena of independent cash and derivatives valuations. With access to the most unique and wide cash and OTC derivatives data set from the highly regarded Totem Service and consensus cash pricing services, S&P Global Portfolio Valuations is in a privileged position as a third-party cross-asset valuations provider, to accurately calibrate its models to the market and provide independent valuations for exotic cash and derivative products. The Impact:
S&P Global Portfolio Valuations is looking to expand its product coverage in the Asia-Pacific region. We are looking for a quantitative, commercial-minded and motivated candidate to work closely with the local sales and global product teams in pitching PV business to prospective clients, identifying further business opportunities with existing clients, lead the on-boarding of customers, providing analytical product expertise to the clients and local analysts and production of daily/weekly/monthly valuations. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Organizing and running daily and monthly valuation processes for clients; this will require hands-on responsibility for several accounts
- Handling simple and complex price challenges and resolving them to the satisfaction of the client
- Building and maintaining client relationships, so that clients are aware of Markit's new and existing valuation capabilities and increase their use of these services
- Contributing to the design and testing of Markit's valuation systems
- Ensuring that data capture and cleaning processes are run, refined and automated
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual with an interest in derivative pricing to be part of a team of analysts that support the daily valuation of portfolios of positions submitted by clients. Analysts work with clients during trials, implementation, production, and challenge processing; they also oversee various data capture and review procedures in support of the global valuation business.
- Good degree in a quantitative discipline
- Good understanding of OTC derivative valuation in one or more asset classes
- Strong knowledge common office tools and software including Excel and VBA
- Appetite for providing services to external clients on a daily basis
- Relevant practical experience desirable (1-2 years)
- Other programming experience in any language e.g. SQL, Python
- Must have general understanding of financial markets and be keen to extend knowledge of OTC derivatives across all asset classes.
- Must embrace the importance of high service levels as part of a commercial relationship
- Detail-oriented, thorough, and able to use own initiative to solve problems
- Strong skills required to be able to communicate effectively with external clients and across business units within the company
- Clear, structured and professional in both writing and speech.
- Fluency in English language required and proficiency in French desirable
London - Ropemaker Place Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only) :
IC4 About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making
. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.