Snr Portfolio Manager - Head of Govie Rates
In this role, you will:
What it takes:
- Hire, evaluate, and supervise crew. Provide guidance and training as necessary to develop crew.
- Set performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manage assigned Active Rates Fixed Income portfolios that meet or exceed performance standards consistent with investment objectives while adhering to client-specified or regulatory restrictions and constraints. Ensures portfolios remain in compliance.
- Buy and sell fixed income securities for assigned portfolios. Give clear, concise instructions to trading desk for trades. Analyze complex securities.
- Ensure portfolio risk is managed. Prepare regular reports of portfolio attributes and performance of assigned portfolios. Identify potential improvements to procedures and algorithms to improve portfolio management results. Offer opinions and recommendations to improve processes.
- Develop, design, and deliver comprehensive and effective presentations and investment reviews for internal and external clients.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Ten years of related work experience, including Five years investment management experience. Five years Active Rates and/or Fixed Income experience preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Proven track record of strong investment performance in European rates strategies
- Effective communication and teamworking skills
- Strong management and leadership skills with a desire to develop crew
- Successful track record of active FX strategies desirable
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or statistics or equivalent combination of training and experience required. CFA preferred