At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Area Product Owner, Data Analytics
in our Data Hub
! ! Organizational Context
The Data Analytics Area Product Owner will support the Product Owner for Data Analytics and Governance platforms of Bank of Singapore in owning the product improvement roadmap for various components of the Data analytics platforms within Bank of Singapore. The role, reporting to the Data Hub, under finance department, is responsible for supporting the Product Owner in implementing agile concepts to the Hub & spoke business organization, coordinating training retrospective and business user councils along with the agility studio coaches, maintain the business JIRA item backlog between Hub & Spoke, follow-up on any incident and Sandbox infrastructure or DB improvement recommended by architecture with the Run The Bank teams, Identify and coordinate with others APO on any dependencies across platforms. Working along the IT agile squads and AMU, the Area PO will set the priority for features and functionalities required that delivers the highest return on investment for data.
The Area Product Owner (APO) will work alongside the Data Analytics and Governance platform Product Owner (PO) to develop a feature-to-value roadmap, ensuring performance and improvement of the current environment as well as implementing agile Backlog management between Hub & Spokes, dependency identification and follow-up, platform stability and scalability insurance. The APO will evaluate solution suitability and sustainability of data platform components, through application of techno-functional expertise. Primary Responsibilities
Support the Product Owner for Data Analytics and Governance platforms of Bank of Singapore in owning the product improvement roadmap for various components of the Data analytics platforms:
- Follow up on any architecture recommendation for platform performance and stability improvement
- Along with AMU follow-up on any production issues, root cause analysis and implementation within backlog of long-term remediation action
- Follow-up on Power BI/SQL/ Anaconda server POC along with Hub member from data analytics, engineering and data science on feature improvements.
- Draft lesson learnt from incident into user storied for CTB backlog
Supporting the Product Owner for Data Analytics and Governance in the implementation of agile best practices for dashboard delivery of Hub &Spoke:
- Help to run the Hub daily sprint planning and ensure appropriate update of JIRA backlog
- Along with PO, prepare weekly spring planning and retrospective for Hub
- Create and animate the Spokes user council and communicate clear delivery benefits and timelines.
- Own feature backlog of DaaS platform within APO purview, namely infrastructure (DBA level) and application features improvements.
- Define roadmap and prioritise features for implementation aligned to the voice of the Business
- Drive adoption of new features by defining clear engagement and training plans
Define and own the one view of historical and current data models merge for analytic purpose:
- Communicate dependency with other squads and tribe
- Own processes and procedures aligned to target operating model
- Provide feedback to PO on iterative improvements to reduce dependency
To understand the voice of Business and act as primary liaison between business functions and central data hub team:
- Define a stakeholder management plan to engage and obtain iterative feedback from business users of the DaaS platform
- Conduct regular communication and user story definition sessions with business users to be included and prioritized in backlog
Plan and execute delivery of product and feature backlog owned
- Work closely with Product Owner to iteratively groom overall DaaS product backlog
- Work closely with IT Scrum Master and IT agile squad to plan out sprint cycles for delivery of backlog items
- Good knowledge and experience in Infrastructure, DBA and Run The Bank processes
- Has solid understanding of data architectures, processes and practices. Relevance to banking and wealth management industry is preferred.
- Has a strong track record of removing technical impediments, performing root cause analysis and developing short term and long-term fix proposal.
- Have implemented or practiced in a real-world scenario one or more of the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server suite of products
- Power BI, or equivalent data visualization tool
- SQL Server Reporting Studio (SSRS)
- Able to minimally articulate agile delivery methodology (scrum or others). Candidates with agile delivery experience is preferred
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, is comfortable building and presenting reports and use cases as well as translating IT incident into actionable recommendations
- Works well with businesses as well as IT technical teams
- Is proficient in managing backlog and dependencies
- Problem Solving through proper structuring, and technical knowledge
- Autonomy, intellectual curiosity, and taste for innovation