An exciting and varied position, the candidate will work out of the firm's Singapore office, supporting the investment
team. Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who works on own initiative with light supervision. Confident and positive,
high-energy, cultured, capable of easily interacting with senior management. Flexible and willing to get involved in many
different aspects as required.
Core Duties Deal Screening/ Market Research
- Deal screening support: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM
- Assist in the processing of NDA's and deal commencement procedures
- Engage with sources of deal origination
- Source Industry and sector Analysis Transaction Support for portfolio investments and venture fundraising
- Build and evaluate financial models for deal analysis
- Assist in document collection and preparation of data room
- Support the entire deal life cycle of investment transactions
- Providing research support for new and existing transactions. Including, competitor research, sector, competitor and
- Assist in preparation of documentation to be presented at Investment Committees
- Assist in preparation of fund raising documents and data rooms
- support preparation of quarterly fund reports for portfolio companies
- Source information on a monthly and quarterly basis from portfolio companies to support portfolio reporting Our Ideal Candidate
- 1+ years of investment or related experience (VC/PE, investment banking, private equity, consulting, due diligence)
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced function
- Experience with cash flow modelling and investment valuation techniques
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Power-point presentations
- Strong written, analytical and verbal communication skills
About SC Ventures
SC Ventures ("SCV") was established in 2018 with the purpose of "Rewiring the DNA in Banking" by bringing three distinct areas together:
- The eXellerator Lab, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting intrapreneurs and their ideas, collaborating with fintech's through the SCV Fintech Bridge and engaging with clients and co-creation ideas.
- The Investment Fund ("Fund"), tasked to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies ("fintechs") whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group.
- Venture building, with the objective of exploring new business models ("ventures"), in the way it engages existing new customers and markets
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group's support f functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco. About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers