Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced-and friendly-financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
The associate financial advisor will assist financial advisor in working with clients to help them achieve their financial goals. The employing franchise owner will lead you as you hone your skills and build a base of clients which you service. As an associate financial advisor, you will be instrumental in creating and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates the practice. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
This role provides client relationship support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks as needed. Responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects and/or manages business-as-usual projects such as organizing a client event. Responsibilities Responsibilities and Time Allocation
- Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor. Position Functions: 40% - Financial Planning and Advice
15% - Client Care & Business Management
- Identify clients to engage or re-engage in planning relationships
- Prepare client meetings focused on planning discussions
- Gather and enter client data for Financial Planning Tool Suite
- Create planning deliverables
- Perform case analysis and develop recommendations
- Conduct and/or participate in client meetings to present recommendations/deliver advice
- Track/hold clients accountable to agreed upon actions
- Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested, as it relates to servicing their accounts
20% - Marketing and Client Acquisition
- Client Care
- Set up and manage client management system (Salesforce)
- Write summary letters to clients
- Review and respond to emails as necessary
- Maintain files and records in accordance with the records retention policy
- Business Management
- Review work methods and procedures for possible quality improvements and efficiencies
- Assign and delegate work and provide feedback, when appropriate, to other practice support staff.
- Participate in daily stand-up and weekly staff meetings.
- Act as a technical resource and provide training and support to other practice members.
25% - Product Solutions
- Develop and implement annual marketing plan to meet client acquisition goals.
- Contact prospects to set up meetings or appointments.
- Coordinate seminars and client appreciation events.
- Leverage natural market to drive new client acquisition
- Learn and implement client referral program.
- Use network marketing with Center of Influence to drive client acquisition.
- Implement key marketing activities including:
- Advisor website
- Social media
- Online client experience
- Client and prospect contact
- Referrals and networking
- Seminars and Events
- Local advertising and media relations
Key Traits of a Successful Associate Advisor
- Assess the client's risk tolerance
- Assess the client's goals and time frame
- Recommend portfolio/robust product solution that will fit the client's risk tolerance, goals and time frame
- Run illustrations and hypotheticals
- Develop appropriate product deliverables
- Execute appropriate trades to align with proposed portfolio
- Monitor economy, markets, and world events to determine any required strategic rebalancing
- Conduct Transactions on behalf of clients
- Ability to meet with clients and present planning strategies
- Ability to source prospects
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Initiative in business development
- Entrepreneurial perspective and desire to grow the business
- Ability to recommend suitable investment products and services
- Success at planning and managing resources (time, people, budget) to run optimal practice
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance with the advisor's practice
- Current client database a plus
About Our Company
- College degree or higher
- 3+ years of similar experience
- Already have federal and state licenses and registrations for securities, including Series 7, Series 66, and State life, accident and health insurance licenses
- Starting salary $70,000 plus bonus. Negotiable based on experience.
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.