Vice President, Strategy, Communications & Intelligence Manager
Posting Date: 20-Sep-2022
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
Traditional retail banking is changing rapidly, and will change even more in the next 10 years. We fundamentally rethink the retail banking strategy, business model and proposition, to stay relevant and keep up with the challenges that lie ahead in this rapidly evolving landscape.
TMRW (pronounced as "tomorrow") empowers the digital generation with a full suite of banking solutions through a smart, mobile-only app. Our vision is to be the world's most engaging digital bank. Launched in Indonesia and Thailand as the first mobile only digital bank by United Overseas Bank (UOB) in ASEAN, TMRW offers innovative and simple solutions to help customers stay one step ahead of their finances. Our business model is powered by next-generation artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, user interface design and smartphone capabilities. These include our own digital technology innovations as well as solutions provided through our collaboration with FinTech partners. We embrace a competitive strategy that focuses on customer intimacy, measured by net-promoter-score (NPS). We are proud to state that TMRW's overall NPS is +40 in Thailand and +50 in Indonesia, ranking it 1st ahead of leading local banks.
Since launch, TMRW has won over 40 awards in total, including: Best Digital Bank in ASEAN, Best Digital Bank for Customer Experience and Best Bank for Millennials.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we are looking for entrepreneurial and open minded team players who are keen to learn, enjoy taking on multiple roles, and willing to step out of your comfort zone.
You will be the catalyst of change for UOB and be part of our exciting roadmap in the next chapter of growth. Get ready for an exciting career path in a start-up environment that is diverse and fast-paced, where you will have the opportunity to be engaged in transformative programs, and collaborate with business, and technology teams as well as regional and country stakeholders. We believe in empowering our people, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do and their successes.
Join us to transform the future of banking and make banking simple, transparent and engaging! Job Responsibilities
The Digital Strategy, Performance & Transformation team supports UOB TMRW to define & refine the UOB TMRW Digital Strategy for UOB. Working closely with internal stakeholders from TMRW, Group Retail, Group Strategy, Group Communications and Investor Relations the team supports UOB TMRW's objective to scale & commercialize across ASEAN.
The DSPT team us responsible for the UOB TMRW Strategy, performance management, Market intelligence and communications (Internal & External).
The role will support the team head to deliver a range of strategic initiatives and priorities across the team's scope with particular focus on Strategy & Internal Communications and market intelligence. Strategic Initiatives
• Support to define and refine the UOB TMRW strategy and KPIs to ensure they are current and relevant
• Support team head in strategic planning: strategic framework, financial planning, annual KPI planning, coordination and alignment with country teams, finance and other relevant teams
• Support the evolution and refinement of the UOB TMRW strategic roadmap in line with strategic objectives
• Summarize and synthesize large and complex data into structured and easy to understand strategic messaging and direction Performance Management & Business Alignment
• Business alignment: Ensure initiatives are aligned with strategy and escalate deviations to Senior Leadership Team
• Strategic Dissemination: Support the development of governance process to align strategic vision and key initiatives Internal Communications
• Support the strategy team to prepare material for various management forums (Board, C-suite updates, Senior Leadership Team) to update stakeholders and ensure alignment
• Support the strategy team in coordination with UOB TMRW COEs and wider UOB business on business performance, various initiatives across countries and messaging External Communications
• Support Group Communications to build brand awareness
• Support Investor Relations team on UOB TMRW Quarterly and annual updates including creation of annual report (e.g. IR FAQs, CEO speech etc.)
• Support the preparation of material for various external speaking forums and panels
• Involvement to run UOB TMRW participation of Singapore Fintech Festival
• Support the preparation of award submissions to showcase UOB TMRW and better position UOB Market Intelligence
• Market intelligence to learn from global best practices and stay aware of competitive & market pressures
• Monthly market scan of new digital banks, new products and new partnerships
• Quarterly study and sharing of key learnings from global leading digital banks, and global leading banks for digital transformation
• Deep dive study of actionable research to align with strategic agenda
• Manage market intelligence vendors or country teams for competitor benchmarking, and monthly market insights sessions
• Spearhead competitive benchmarking & tracking of competitors and formulate agile response in ASEAN
• Conduct global market research of digital bank landscape and best practices
• Lead tracking global trends impacting TMRW and propose timely actions Job Requirements Business and Technical Requirements
Characteristics Experience, & Degree
- Over 5-10 years' experience
- At least 4-5 year of consulting experience in top tier Management Consulting firm
- Previous Banking and Digital experience an advantage
- Strong strategic thinking, use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding
- Experience in media communications, preferable in financial services context
Be a part of UOB Family
- Entrepreneurial and ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- Effective cross-functional collaborator and communication
- Able to frame an issue or opportunity from first principles
- Critical and systems thinking ability is essential
- Flexibility & adaptability to adjust priorities according to business needs
- Minimum bachelor degree. MBA degree will be a plus
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.