Description About this role Team Overview:
BlackRock's Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions (MASS) team is the investment group at the heart of BlackRock's portfolio construction, asset allocation, and active management ecosystem. MASS draws on the full toolkit of index, factor, and alpha-seeking investment capabilities to deliver precise investment outcomes and innovative alpha insights. Our team of 300+ multi-asset investment professionals constructs active asset allocation strategies and whole portfolio solutions across a wide spectrum of commingled funds, separate accounts, model portfolios, and outsourcing solutions in the wealth and institutional channels. Currently, MASS manages over $1 trillion in assets and has a strong presence in San Francisco, New York, London and throughout Asia Pacific.
Based in Singapore, we are seeking a junior Portfolio Manager to join the MASS Core Portfolio Management team, where they will be responsible for a wide array of portfolio management activities. They will be responsible for portfolio design, construction, and implementation; contribute to investment research and commercial efforts; and drive technology and process enhancements across the PM platform to deliver investment performance, consistency and scale. Our Portfolio Managers are expected to contribute to and influence investment decision making, and exercise critical judgement across asset and sector allocation, instrument selection, implementation methods, and trading decisions.
Candidates should possess strong analytical and quantitative skills, as well as a proven ability to work in collaboration with a wide range of partners across the organisation. This role has considerable scope for the right individual to have an impact on both the success of the PM team, as well as the broader MASS business. The successful candidate will possess outstanding attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and have a passion for thinking critically about financial markets both across and within asset classes.
- Act as a fiduciary by taking responsibility for safely managing our client's money in an error-free manner.
- Provide portfolio management responsibilities for a diverse family of funds including multi-asset funds, model portfolios and client directed mandates.
- Perform portfolio management tasks including handling cash flow allocations, portfolio rebalancing, and monitoring of positions, performance and risk.
- Develop and improve our processes for portfolio and risk management in a scalable and risk-controlled manner.
- Apply technology, automation and analytical tools to enhance processes and create scale.
- Work on projects to develop and onboard new portfolios for our clients and maximise opportunities to do collaborative work with our colleagues across APAC and globally.
- Participate in research related to multi-asset portfolios and other investment topics and participate in investment meetings to share investment views with peers.
- Evaluate performance attribution and communicate market/portfolio performance.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Preferable 3+ years experience in the financial services or related industry and passion for financial markets.
- Tertiary qualified in a scientific degree such as Finance, Economics, Econometrics, Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to remain focused on different portfolio types and activities.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Knowledge of portfolio management theory, asset and market pricing models; Understanding of macro- and micro-economic concepts is desirable.
- Ability to quickly build and maintain an intimate understanding of BlackRock investment capabilities and solutions across multiple asset classes and product lines globally.
- Capacity to work in a challenging environment, often to time specific deadlines with relative autonomy.
- Technical and coding skills such as Python, are highly valued. Familiarity with market data tools like Bloomberg and proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Flexible, adaptable and self-starting personality. Demonstrated experience working both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge or experience in a range of instruments and markets such as ETFs and other fund vehicles, derivatives, FX, rates, equities or credit markets.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.