As a Barclays Senior Business Analyst, you will help mitigate the risks of delivering major change within BUK. You will be expected to clearly define planned changes, and assess the potential impacts of them. As an integral member of a programme team, you will play a crucial part in the implementation of operational and technology solutions, ensuring that the needs of customers and colleagues are met.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Undertaking impact assessments, developing strategic options in response to both internal and external situations
• Supporting business case definition, scoping, and the breaking down of deliverables into logical chunks
• Responsibility for the documented requirements, including change management and traceability, utilising appropriate business analysis and change techniques
• Understanding the impact of requirements on Barclays UK processes, customer journeys and the business areas that use them by undertaking current state analysis
• Developing target operating models and process designs that drive implementation of requirements in an optimal way
• Leading and facilitating project workshops, engaging stakeholders, subject matter experts and attendees at all levels
• Working closely with our solution architects and technical teams to turn the business vision into the desired business outcome
• Assisting in the creation of technology designs and test strategies and provide support with user acceptance testing, defect management and business readiness
What we're looking for:
• Extensive experience of elicitation, documentation and management of business requirements
• Substantial experience of business process mapping and modelling and Business solution design expertise
• Understands the language used by business stakeholders and able to translate into language used by IT developers
• Has worked on programmes and projects which have been subject to Agile and/or Waterfall management, or has an understanding of both methodologies
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Formal business analysis and change management training (e.g. BCS Business Analysis Diploma, BCS Agile Certification)
• Exposure to each stage of the project life cycle, from inception through to implementation and closure
• Familiarity with the Financial Services environment
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.