VP, Onboarding KYC Review Team, Private Bank
Posting Date: 21-Sep-2022
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The UOB Private Bank
is dedicated to managing the wealth of high-net-worth individuals with investment assets of $5 million and above. Keeping in mind our clients' financial objectives, we provide tailored products and solutions that draw on the UOB Group's comprehensive suite of personal, business and investment services.
The Onboarding KYC Review Team is a team within the UOB Private Bank Middle Office, which is part of the Private Bank COO Office. Members of the Onboarding KYC Review Team perform various roles in the onboarding due diligence of Private Banking client relationships to ensure the clients' profile are consistent with the purpose of a Private Banking relationship, as well as conforming to the regulatory requirements and compliance expectations with respect to the Private Banking AML business risk appetite.
The Onboarding KYC Review Team also provides guidance and partners the client facing teams to mitigate the potential AML/CFT risks as part of the aforementioned responsibilities. Job Responsibilities
- To review Private Banking clients' account opening AML/KYC profile for adequacy and compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- To liaise with Relationship Managers (RM) and their Assistants (CAA) to complete the required account opening AML/KYC profile; to provide advisory and guidance on AML/KYC requirements where required
- To ensure timely review of clients' AML/KYC account opening profile
- To clear system generated account opening alerts or perform name screening as part of AML/KYC profile review
- To collaborate with other stake holders in the PB Middle Office to deliver consistent best in class account opening experience to our clients
- To proactively identify areas of improvement and suggest viable solutions
- To participate in AML related projects as a content provider or a stakeholder
- To perform management reporting and data analysis on account opening
- To ensure no repeat review findings by Business Compliance, Group Compliance, Internal or External Auditors.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's degree in any Finance & Banking or equivalent fields; or ACAMS certified; or ICA Diploma
- 3 - 5 years of hands-on experience in the AML field (client onboarding review, ongoing periodic client review) in a Private Bank and must be familiar with the MAS 626 requirements or other international AML/CFT standards
- Ability to multitask and manage a high number of priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Able to deliver the solution in an effective and timely manner
- Able to apply lateral thinking when analyzing issues or solving problems, experience in research & analysis of data and documents
- Good verbal and written communication skills, hands on and versatile
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Team player, self-motivated and diligent towards attaining goals
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.