Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's Legal & Compliance Department protects BlackRock's reputation and provides advice to and oversight and monitoring of, BlackRock's business. The department is focused on both understanding and advising on the impact of regulation in our business and on challenging, overseeing and monitoring business activities with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients' interests and assist the business in translating compliance requirements and expectations into their daily work;
- Putting client interests at the centre of everything we do;
- Ensuring adherence to applicable laws and regulations;
- Cultivating and further enhancing the strong compliance culture at BlackRock;
- Providing thought leadership on the impact and implementation of regulatory change;
- Fostering excellence within the Compliance team; and
- Actively developing the skills and careers of each member of the Compliance team
The L&C COO Technology Team provides business analysis, project management, business process reengineering, solution design, development support and change management for large and complex technology projects across the Legal & Compliance department to support process and technology innovation and transformation. The team partners with BlackRock's technology, software development and corporate applications teams and 3rd-party providers to support new developments, implementations, application enhancements, and continuous business process improvement. The role will seek to utilize technology and analytical tools to enhance processes and create scale. Position Overview:
The Analyst/Associate will work with internal development teams and business partners across the Legal & Compliance department to ensure project documentation is complete and aligned with business needs. They will also manage and track progress of project tasks to provide transparency to all stakeholders. The candidate has an opportunity to be involved in global and regional initiatives and will receive on the job training, acquiring product knowledge and exposure to multiple teams. This role will also get the opportunity to assist the department with streamlining MI & Reporting using data visualization applications. Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure project documentation meets the standard outlined by the team's governance framework
- Managing the day-to-day project deliverables including providing project status updates to stakeholders
- Provide technological support to Legal & Compliance on key applications that are vital to daily operations of the department
- Create data visualizations using applications such as Power BI & Tableau
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize across multiple projects and assignments; must be able to deliver and meet timelines in a fast-paced global project environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well in a team-based environment while at the same time being able to work independently and autonomously on multiple projects/initiatives
- Strong attention to detail, data analysis and problem-solving capabilities
- Proactive and self-motivated with a "can do" attitude and an ability to use own initiative
- Analytical skills across large data sets, Excel VBA, SQL, Unqork, Archer, Robotic Process Automation (Tableau or Power BI a plus).
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in the financial industry
- Self-starter who takes ownership and drives progress proactively, embraces a team-oriented environment in which ideas are shared, fully examined and consensus is valued
The candidate has an opportunity to be involved in global and regional initiatives and will acquire product knowledge and exposure to multiple teams.
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.