- Conducts accounting services on behalf of assigned clients and moderately complex funds including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses and preparing reports.
- Performs Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions. Checks the work of more junior team members.
- Responsible for cash and asset reconciliations related to more intricate accounts or transactions within assigned funds.
- Performs reconciliation of account expenses for more complex transactions and ensures they are allocated appropriately. Escalates atypical transactions to senior team members.
- Drafts reports for clients regarding the performance of funds. May reviews first draft reports completed by more junior staff.
- Interacts with clients in answering questions regarding fund reports and accounting processes.
- No direct reports but may provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- May have people management responsibilities in some geographies.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.