Purchasing and Payments Service CentreLocation:
Broadlands, HorshamReporting to:
Head of PayablesJob title:
Payables AnalystRole Overview:
We are building a brand new Purchasing and Payment capability in our Broadland Business Centre which will provide client focussed, best in class support to stakeholders globally across the full cost lifecycle. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Payables team and to help develop it from the ground up.
Reporting to the Payable Lead Specialist 1 you will be responsible for; (i) ensuring Purchase Orders have been receipted correctly and on a timely basis; (ii) reviewing invoices for tax and accounting treatment; (iii) supporting the processing batch and manual payments.Who we're looking for
The successful candidate will be a numerate, strong communicator capable of helping non-finance users understand finance operational processes. They will also be able to work accurately, with a keen awareness of the core controls and be considerate of how the tasks they perform impact other processes.
An enthusiastic, curious and flexible attitude is more important than prior experience in finance.About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.The base
You'll be based at our Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. It's home to our EMEA Operations and Technology Operations hub.The team
The Payables team, along with Supply Chain Services, Purchasing and Reconciliations, form the new Broadlands Purchasing and Payment Service Centre, an efficient, best-in-class capability servicing Schroders offices globally.
The Payables team will be formed of c. 6 people responsible for; (i) working with the business to ensure they have correctly receipted their purchase orders; (ii) reviewing invoices for tax and accounting treatment; (iii) processing batch and manual payments. Individuals within the team will process invoices and payments for a variety of tax jurisdictions.
Payables will work closely with the Purchasing team to ensure payments to our employees, clients and suppliers are made on a timely basis.What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Processing the AP invoice queue including review for tax treatment, multi period accounting, proformas and soft payments.
- Ensuring that purchase orders have been correctly receipted for both payment processing and in support of the monthly accruals process.
- Processing of batch payments in Oracle Fusion
- Review and approval of manual payments. Ownership of non-standard payments.
- Develop good understanding of key controls and ensure they are followed appropriately.
- Working collaboratively with broader P2P team to ensure high quality and efficient processing of invoices.
- Responding to queries from both our suppliers and internal business partners.
- Understanding and implementing Schroders payables policies.
- Supporting corporate card administration.
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to ensure key processes are effective and efficient.
- Monitoring of aged invoices.
- Ensure queries and escalations are proactively managed to resolution with a focus on fixing the root cause.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Good IT skills, especially with the Microsoft Office suite
What you'll be like
- Additional languages, in particular German and French an advantage
- Experience of Oracle Fusion and / or TM5
- Experience of Financial Services
- Experience working in accounts payable function or similar
- Understanding of different types of tax treatment.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Friendly and approachable
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to manage and prioritise competing demands
- Team player with an ability to work independently
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.