We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Based in Newport Beach, California or New York City, the Attorney will work in the Legal group and will be responsible for the following:
Key Relationships include:
- Provide deal and other support to PIMCO's capital markets, Alts business management and product strategies teams in connection with structuring, negotiating and placing capital markets transactions, including co-investment deals with clients and other third parties.
- Interact with outside counsel and oversee transactions.
- Identify and manage various corporate, legal, and regulatory issues associated with transactions.
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and potential compliance impacts to inform PIMCO's strategy and corporate initiatives, including potential expansions of PIMCO's business model.
- Oversee relationships with outside counsel and legal services in connection with transactions and other relevant matters.
- Work on other legal projects.
- Legal and Compliance Team
- Alts Business Management
- Capital Markets Team
- Product Strategy
- Executive Office
- Outside legal counsel
- J.D. And excellent academic credentials from a top tier US law school.
- At least eight to ten years at a leading law firm or a combination of law firm and in-house experience at an investment manager, broker-dealer or other financial services firm, with a focus on capital markets and/or other transactional matters.
- Significant, substantive experience with FINRA-registered broker-dealer legal and regulatory matters and drafting and negotiating non-disclosure agreements, underwriting and placement agent agreements and other documentation related to capital markets transactions.
- Familiarity with MNPI and conflicts of interest issues faced by investment managers with many public and private funds and accounts and captive broker dealers is a plus.
- U.S. experience necessary, additional experience in non-U.S. transactions is a plus.
- Well organized, high energy level/self-starter, must work well in a team environment and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills to work within the firm's demanding and highly focused environment, with the ability to articulate clear ideas/strategies, both verbally and in writing, internally (including to senior-level officer employees) and externally.
- Solutions-driven individual who enjoys taking on new and challenging assignments and larger projects and who has the ability to drive forward on issues and get things done.
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach.
- Intelligent, bright, conceptual thinker and a quick learner with the ability to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and usable ideas.
- Outstanding reputation of professional integrity with the ability to be immediately, personally credible within the organization and in the investment and client communities.
- Leadership skills to achieve the best results working with a high caliber group of individuals.
- Consensus builder and team player with the ability to be an exceptional colleague and work well within a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural skills, and sensitivities to work effectively in a global organization.
- Demonstrated legal skills, business acumen, initiative, creativity, learning-oriented mindset, and collaborative style.
- Champions a client-first approach and vision across all business functions, including corporate initiatives, business planning, and strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent priorities and delivering on commitments.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office