LGI is recruiting for an AI Investment Analyst / Data Scientist to join its Artificial Intelligence of Investments (AIOI) team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring data scientist, as you will get the opportunity to apply machine learning (ML) techniques to the investment process directly.
You will also participate in the full spectrum of investment strategy development and implementation - from data collection and sanitization, modelling, back-testing to trade implementation and review.
The AIOI Team is not a data science support team and will be making direct investment decisions based on the outputs of the ML models developed in-house. As an investment analyst, you will get the satisfaction and rewards from seeing the results and feedback from your models that are put into real life applications.
A successful candidate should be someone who is a self-starter with a strong interest in machine learning and finance. The candidate should be comfortable coding with Python every day, and can read and write SQL queries. She/he should have some experience applying ML concepts and techniques to problem-solving. Basic understanding of economics and finance is preferred, but not essential, and the candidate will have the opportunity to learn from the team.Job Responsibilities may include:
- Maintain, analyse, tune, and report on existing models used by the AIOI team
- Be part of the AIOI team as we test and explore new AI/ML-driven investment strategies and models
- Support the team with our trade execution and investment implementation
- Explore new data sets/sources to develop differentiated alpha-capture strategies
- Relevant university degree - preferably in Data Science or Quantitative Finance disciplines. Additional courses or work experience in these fields will also be considered
- Comfortable coding in Python / SQL
- Keen to pursue a career in ML & Finance, working on projects where you apply your skills into real life applications
- Familiarity with commonly used Machine Learning libraries and financial data sources will be helpful, but can be picked up on the job
- Understanding of economics and finance is helpful but not essential and can be picked up on the job
- Meticulous and able to deliver under pressure
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with the team
- Fast learner with the ability to think out of the box and provide solutions
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.