GIC is a custodian of Singapore's Reserves and a Sovereign Wealth Fund to secure Singapore's financial future. GIC is entrusted with a critical mission that impacts the lives of all Singaporeans. We are looking for the best talent to help us fulfil our commitment to the future of Singapore and its people.
GIC Real Estate
The Real Estate (RE) arm of GIC invests in real estate and real estate-related assets outside of Singapore. We manage a well-diversified portfolio covering over 40 countries in property sectors such as offices, retail, hotels, residential, industrial, niche sectors and companies.
Investment Insights Group (IIG)
The Investment Insights Group (IIG) uses advanced quantitative techniques and cutting-edge technological tools to generate impactful insights that drive superior investment outcomes for GIC. We are a team of high performing Data Scientists, Software Developers, and asset-specific Strats that work closely with each of our investment departments - from Public Markets like Equities and Fixed Income, to Private Markets like Private Equity and Real Estate - to drive high-impact innovations to enhance cross-asset investment capability, business agility and efficiency.
We are looking a Strat to partner the Real Estate (RE) arm to drive business value and ideation through data-driven insights.
• As part of GIC RE, you will be part of the pioneering effort to provide data-driven insights that augments the fundamental research process.
• You will work directly with the RE investment teams, who will guide you on RE's investment process as well as how and why data-driven insights can be useful.
• You will be involved in producing the insight end-to-end: from idea generation and data evaluation to data engineering and presenting your insights to the investment team.
• This role will require multiple iterations to finetune ideas and engagements with the investment teams.
• You will be relied upon, over time, to combine your knowledge of RE's investment domain with your technical skillsets to identify and implement opportunities to further augment RE's investment process with data and technology.
• An academic background in Statistics, Mathematics, Computing or other quantitative fields with experience in a data-driven professional setting
• Experience working with quantitative models, conducting model validation, and performing statistical analysis.
• Comfortable working with, and combining, disparate and diverse data sources
• A strong intuition for analytical methodologies and desire to solve novel technical challenges
• Proficiency in the following languages - Python, SQL
• Positive work attitude, high energy candidates with drive and initiative
• Eagerness to learn the RE investment process and willingness to learn other skillsets required for this role, as and when they are required
• Ability to work effectively with different stakeholders and demonstrate maturity and integrity to interact confidently with senior colleagues
• Good presentation and writing skills and ability to articulate technical concepts
Candidates with knowledge or experiences in any of the following areas will have an added edge to the role:
• Prior experience or demonstrated interest in real estate finance.
• Prior experience with handling data from financial data providers.
• Mapping tools like ArcGIS, QGIS, Carto or Mapbox.
• Business visualization tools like Plotly Dash and Tableau.
• Basic knowledge of full stack development.
Why you should join us?
You'll be given various assignments and a high level of responsibility right from the start. Respecting diverse perspectives allows us to develop innovative solutions that provide us with a leading-edge. We'll invest in providing the necessary training and development to set you up for success, regardless of your industry background. You'll learn from the best minds to explore and exploit new and existing technology to support our strategic and operational business needs. You'll also have the autonomy to take charge of your career and make a meaningful impact.
Choose a career with purpose. Join us to get the exposure you've never had before.