Wholesale Credit Risk - Regulatory Team - Associate
Opportunity to use and expand your credit skills on the Wholesale Credit Risk Regulatory team. The Regulatory team collaborates with credit teams across wholesale credit risk and provides support and credit expertise for Regulatory Exams and Audits.
J.P. Morgan's Wholesale Banking business (Corporate & Investment Bank and Commercial Bank) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Wholesale Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Wholesale Credit Risk is responsible for lending activities, portfolio monitoring, and managing investment-grade credit exposures within the Corporate and Investment Bank and the Commercial Bank. The teams are generally organized by industry, and work closely with coverage and product groups to support business needs. The Vice President utilizes his or her superior analytical skills, combined with credit and industry knowledge, to make and support credit decisions for a portfolio of clients. They collaborate across credit risk and the business teams to meet client credit requests, while balancing the risk-return needs of the Firm. They constantly monitor their portfolio to accurately assign risk ratings to clients and facilities, while ensuring a robust culture of compliance is adhered to at all times. They are exceptional partners with all colleagues, and are skilled trainers and developers of the junior team members in Wholesale Credit Risk.
Regulatory Exams and Audit Management: Provide support and collaborate across JPMC Wholesale credit risk functions on Regulatory exams and audits.
- Using credit skills and knowledge, provide independent challenge to credit teams’ responses including rationale for risk ratings, explanation of credit strategy, and responses to credit process questions
- Advise credit teams and strategize on how to best present the credit rationale or credit process under review.
- Prepare credit teams for meetings with Audit or Regulators
- Ensure consistency of responses and review for appropriate tone and message
- Coordinate responses to Regulator questions by engaging appropriate subject matter experts
- Identify exam and audit issues and escalate as needed
- Manage Exam or Audit infrastructure including Sharepoint site, tracker and other logistical tools
- Provide Lessons Learned and observations after Exams and Audits to enhance credit teams’ future performance
- Analyze data via excel or other tools and visually summarize key credit characteristics, relationships, and regulatory insights
- Coordinate responses to Regulator questions and requests, providing strategic guidance as needed
- Identify ways to improve processes to enhance quality and/or productivity
- Partner on various credit risk projects
- Bachelor's Degree or commensurate management related job experience required
- 3 plus years of experience in Wholesale Credit Risk Management required
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply wholesale credit concepts
- Experience in Wholesale Compliance and/or Regulatory Risk Management also considered
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions to achieve measurable results
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests at the same time
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Project Management experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Sharepoint and Data visualization tools a plus