Description About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that crafts the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, and tackling some of the world's most exciting challenges? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Engineers who like to innovate and tackle sophisticated problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
We invest and protect over $9 trillion (USD) of assets and have an extraordinary responsibility to our clients all over the world. Our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most sophisticated financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions. Your team:
Come work with us at one of the world's top FinTech companies! The Command Center and Control team runs Incident and Problem Management processes ensuring the stability of the Aladdin platform while supporting a fast pace of innovation for BlackRock and our external clients. Your role and Impact:
You will be responsible for leading some of the most critically important production incidents for Aladdin/Blackrock and external clients and technologically sophisticated changes in the industry. An individual in this role will have the opportunity to build relationships with Business and Technology teams across the region and globe through exposure to financial market workflows, applications, and technologies both crafted and adopted by BlackRock. This role will put one in a position to develop the overarching knowledge of how several teams collaborate to deliver services to end users and drive business impact lead by a culture of preparedness and quality. You have:
The candidate is encouraged to have tried knowledge and experience in all parts of the IT delivery life cycle. We are seeking talent that has a passion for technical troubleshooting, thinks in an innovative way, values teamwork, has emotional ownership, and will go above and beyond to help develop the company. Our team has wide and multifaceted abilities, but we would encourage applications from candidates with the following skills:
- 4+ years of experience in a production/application support or client services role; financial services a plus.
- Experience operating within an ITIL framework.
- Background in supporting critically important applications.
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent demands.
- Updating escalation & operational procedures and training manuals as required.
- Follow-up on incidents to ensure permanent corrective action has been identified.
- Coordinate resolution of sophisticated technical problems with a variety of diverse applications and teams.
- Basic technical skills and data driven analysis in the following areas - desktop technology, TCP/IP networking, UNIX commands, SQL queries, and an understanding of SDLC.
- Strong Leadership, Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail, Strong problem solving, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team effort.
- Quick learner who will learn new systems or processes, highly motivated individual who takes full ownership of responsibilities.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms like Azure, AWS, etc. and understanding of different service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Knowledge in programming languages such as Python to automate common tasks and a basic knowledge of IT Configuration Management, Deployment & Orchestration tools like Ansible
- Data analysis skills e.g., Splunk, Grafana, Tableau, MS Excel
- Basic finance domain knowledge and understanding of financial products (like Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives etc.)
We are a global but close-knit team of individuals who share a common goal of providing the very best possible level of support to our business partners and customers. From the top of the firm down, we embrace the diversity of values, identities and ideas brought by our employees. We are serious about our people and offer Flexible Time Off, collaborative working spaces and several other benefits.
If any of this excites you, we would love to speak to you! Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.