is the longest established Singapore bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks, the oldest of which was founded in 1912. It is now the second largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets and one of the world's most highly-rated banks, with an Aa1 rating from Moody's. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank is consistently ranked among the World's Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker. Division Description
Group Finance looks beyond providing numbers. We add value in the decision-making process and facilitate the formulation of effective business strategies. We uphold the integrity of our financial records and ensure that the highest standards are applied in our reports. We provide financial analyses and insights to management and businesses to make informed decisions. We engage our stakeholders regularly to keep them abreast of the Bank's financial performance and development. Key Responsibilities
Qualifications The ideal Candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Daily analysis and reporting of Global Treasury (GT) Business Unit Profit and Loss (P&L).
- Controls monitoring including but not limited to comparison with Trader's estimate, Significant Day 1 P&L and Off Market Tolerance checks.
- Daily and Monthly P&L Attribution and commentaries.
- Monthly reconciliation between front office P&L (Murex), General Ledger (Oracle) and MIS.
- Preparation of reporting for senior management, both ongoing and adhoc.
- Develop strong understanding of new and existing products and their attributes.
- Participate in the Group's New Product Approval Process (NPAP) for the assessment of new products or product variants to provide assurance over the P&L reporting process, and controls.
- Involvement in projects and system implementation.
- Degree in Business, Accounting and Finance or equivalent. Industry certifications such as CPA/CFA/FRM preferred
- Relevant work experience preferred, ideally within a product control function
- Understanding of financial products and markets such as Bonds, FX, Interest Rates, Credit and Equity
- Mature, proactive, meticulous and dynamic, flair for numbers and an eye for details
- Strong analytical mind, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess organizational and time management skills to deal with multiple deliverables and tight timelines.
At OCBC, we recognise your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
*We regret that only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.