At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
Working with M&G as an Enterprise Security Architect means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business .
A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We are currently undertaking a cyber security transformation programme designed to further enhance the security capabilities within M&G. As an Enterprise Security Architect you will be a key influencer for this programme as well as supporting the wider business change portfolio. We need leaders who are technical security experts and are confident dealing with a range of stakeholders from the business, to IT, and strategic partners. You will have (Job Requirements / Skills & Knowledge)
- Ensuring that the security implications of M&G's ambitious and business strategy are properly assessed and effectively implemented.
- Providing security input into technology strategies and roadmaps.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in security, able to constructively challenge internal and external solution proposals when required.
- Driving adoption of security best-practice across IT and the business.
- Governing solution designs to ensure they align with or enhance the security architecture.
- Defining and implementing common architectural frameworks, standards, patterns and practices.
- Working closely with other stakeholder to define, maintain and communicate the security elements of our Enterprise Architecture.
- Expert knowledge of fundamental security concepts, the threat landscape and security best practices
- Strong security analysis skills, with the ability to recommend pragmatic security solutions that address threats while delivering business requirements;
- Previous experience of enterprise security architecture and security solution design on complex projects.
- Extensive experience of working in a business facing Information Security role, ideally within a regulated environment.
- Significant experience of working on IT change projects with a good working understanding of a broad range of technologies, including application, database, infrastructure and cloud.
- Experience of defining and maintaining security architecture and strategy artefacts and roadmaps.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to describe technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in articulating complex requirements as easy to understand security designs.
- Ability to network with external bodies and individuals in the security field.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team, whilst working on multiple items at the same time.
- Good knowledge of governing security in both Agile and ITSM (e.g. Scaled Agile Framework/ ITIL)
- Experience of large enterprise environments including strategic and architectural integration of new digital services with legacy systems.
You will also be required to evidence the following
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP)
- SABSA Chartered Practitioner (SCP)
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
- Certificate Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- You can tackle complexity and make things simple for customers and those around you.
- You're commercially savvy, you think competitively and you'll seize a good opportunity whether big or small.
- You love to innovate, exploring what matters to customers and creating solutions that make a positive difference.
- You're a team player who can help everyone pull together to achieve shared goals.
- You take responsibility for creating better outcomes by stepping forward, using your judgement and making things happen.
- You thrive on a challenge, working with intellectual rigour at pace to achieve the highest standards of execution under all conditions.
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things