Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers' needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Collections Associate - GRF . Principal Responsibilities
- Critically assess each case where retail customers are found to be experiencing difficulty in meeting financial obligations to the bank
- Service our customers in a manner that promotes customer belief that HSBC can help them during a period of financial difficulty
- Provide our customers the confidence that HSBC understands their specific situation and concerns
- Agree appropriate solutions to meet our customers' needs, which are positive, sustainable, and based on a clear understanding of each customer's individual affordability and circumstances
- In the course of servicing our customers, Collections staff will seek to determine if there are issues of vulnerability and progress special handling of individuals when appropriate
- Adhere to regulatory requirements and Collections policies
- Job holder should possess minimum 2 years related collections experience and is able to manage and review delinquent/revoke/written off RBWM both Secured & Unsecured accounts by recommending an effective Collections actions reflecting a balanced approach towards limiting financial losses such as control flow through prior to write-off and Maximize Recoveries
- Handle all accounts impacted by MAS Regulatory Change, non-English speaking calls transferred from Offshore Team and Debt Restructuring Requests
- Monitor and supervise External Debt Collections Agencies (DCA), Legal Recovery Law Firm in carry out HSBC values and Protect HSBC Data at all times
- Manage/Review draft response on exceptional collections cases such as customers' feedback, MAS letter
- Participate in UAT, take on adhoc projects or any assignments over and above the given portfolio
- Liaison with external parties such as Lawyer, Credit Counselling Singapore, Associations Banks of Singapore, MAS and HSBC overseas counterparts
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.