AVP, Senior Developer, Core Banking, Group Technology
Posting Date: 14-Sep-2022
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
• Work with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and provide technical solutions.
• Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges.
• Create technical documents for the solutions. Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
• Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
• Develop and maintain simple or complex templates using EngageOne Designer software, PCE scripts using DOC1PCE programming language.
• Design and update software database/tables. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces
• Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
• Independently install, customize and integrate software packages and programs
• Work with production support team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
• Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
• Resolve complex technical design issues
• Development of technical specifications and plans
• Analyse user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
• At least 8 years' experience in software development, preferably in the banking domain
• Experience in Pitney Bowes Software applications such as EngageOne Designer , PCE scripting and Vault.
• Knowledge on end-to-end Customer Communication Management solution (from template design up to output management)
• Good analytical and problem solving skills - ability to translate functional specifications to technological solutions
• Full SDLC exposure including application support.
• Relevant experience in software development using Java and its associated technology stacks like Spring framework.
• Web application development experience including UI technologies like Angular JS.
• Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix System having experience in designing and writing end-to-end batch processes using shell scripting.
• Working knowledge of Oracle database and PL/SQL.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.