The individual will have responsibility for supporting the management of a large program of initiatives for the digital transformation of the bank and ensure successful delivery across the Program lifecycle.
- Oversee the co-ordination of program level milestones and adherence to Standard Chartered standards and governance mechanisms.
- Structured and critical thinking to ensure that the program office is set up professionally, operating efficiently and driven to manage outcomes.
- Drive proactive management of issues and risks - working closely with the Product Owners and recognising the overall Program level risks and identifying mitigation action plans.
- Drive and manage resourcing / capacity demand and supply working closely with the Technology and Business stakeholders to ensure optimal model and drive productivity metrics.
- Oversee the dependency across product execution plans in close collaboration with leads across multi-functional teams. Maintain momentum across the team to keep projects on track.
- Support prioritisation when projects, issues are deemed 'urgent' by assessing what will have the most positive impact on the business/ clients and drive 'trade off' decision making.
- Proactively engaging with project teams, technology partners to ensure accurate and transparent management of financials, escalating to management if needed.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of product and process performance for regular and responsive management reporting.
- Drive management reporting to senior level executives, responding to requests in a timely and efficient manner. Supporting the team in various ad-hoc projects / requests undertaken from time to time such as Digital Dashboards.
- Establish engagement cadence with stakeholders to ensure that they are informed and part of the decision-making process, as required.
- Effective and timely communication both across the program team members and stakeholders.
- View projects through the lens of scaling on a global level by utilising tools and processes.
- Be willing to roll up the sleeves and have a 'no job is too small' mentality.
- Manage financials / budgeting across the portfolio.
- Proactively identify risks and challenges on a consolidated basis across workstreams in DCDA portfolio, working with stakeholders to develop and implement solutions to mitigate these, and escalating to the CPOs where additional support is necessary.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Ensure that the programme complies with the Group's New Ways of Working Standards, and / or all other relevant governance standards.
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Digital Platforms team in assigned countries to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group Digital Channel and Data Analytics, Regional DCDA
- COO team
- CCIB Business
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 6 years of experience in large scale program, project management in financial services, corporate or investment banking.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new concepts to keep up with the changing environment, deal with uncertainty.
- Demonstrates good understanding of a wide range of elements of the Bank's business and the customers, industries, and partners with which the Bank is involved.
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non-financial business drivers.
- Analytical, critical, and creative problem-solving skills with an in-depth understanding of utilizing electronic delivery channels to meet business goals and client needs.
- Effective and persuasive communication including expertise in English language both written and spoken, with strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration skills; ability to drive understanding and information exchange across all stakeholders.
- Highly experienced on synthesizing data and providing analytics driven insights.
- Track record of managing large scale and complex global roll outs.
- Attention to detail, ability to articulate without ambiguity.
- Highly experienced in financial / budget management.
- Highly experienced in financial/budget management.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in Agile implementation.
About Standard Chartered
- Program, project management in financial services
- Financial / budget management
- Communication (written / verbal)
- Time and organization management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers