Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a best-in-class provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from detailed fundamental and quantitative active management approaches sought at improving outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies crafted to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) performs the risk management activities and quantitative analysis functions at BlackRock.
RQA's mission is to help BlackRock handle its fiduciary and corporate risks, and provide independent risk oversight. In the course of performing this mission, RQA provides quantitative analysis to many of BlackRock's businesses and helps promote the spread of standard methodologies across the firm
RQA Operations team provides customized analysis of investment performance for RQA and across the various investment teams and management committees. The team
- Provides the vital oversight and analytics used in reporting and presenting investment performance in Blackrock.
- Actively participate and lead in setting the investment performance analysis, reporting and presentation policies and standards in Blackrock.
- Provides report production support to Global RQA
- Provides Business Analyst support and solution for operational tasks or activities in RQA.
This individual will be part of the Global RQA team. We are looking for folks with outstanding Business, technical, quantitative and communication skill to join RQA. And will support the performance and risk report production and automation of the RQA Operations team.
The incumbent will be execution of multiple report production processes of the team as well as participate in generating efficiencies by running automation projects on the reporting production processes. Key Job Responsibilities:
Experience, Skills and Qualification:
- Ensure report and analytics production to successful On time/ On Scope/ On Budget delivery.
- Ensure all the pre-written algos runs efficiently and address any change request or debugging wherever needed.
- Support and complete various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts.
- Be able to generate visual reporting in Power BI and keep abreast of any change request.
- Be proactive and accountable for identifying, measuring and presenting production issues and risks
- Analyze and gain functional and technical requirements through collaboration with SMEs (other technical leads and business analysts)
- Provide regular and detailed status reporting on production and run multiple concurrent production processes.
- Actively support and liaise with RQA team across locations
- Facilitate cross-organizational communication
- Flexible to pick up ADHOC reporting requirements and tasks
- Handle workload to efficiently meet set deadlines, carry out monthly team schedule and assisting other team members when required
- Ensure that all the requirements are challenged on a timely basis with the highest level of accuracy and delays and issues are timely raised
- Responsible for developing and maintaining up-to-date process flow documents for all tasks related to assigned processes
- Partner with Performance teams globally to present a consistent client experience catalyzing a common culture.
- Constantly evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvement.
Should have a keen interest in solving difficult real world problems, analytics, reporting and production. The candidate is required to have outstanding business, communication and presentation skills. An attention to detail, a good work ethic and ability to work as part of a team in fast paced environment are other important characteristics.
- MBA/ B.Tech with additional certification in FRM or CFA level-1/2 will be advantage.
- 2+ years of experience in reporting production and analytics
- Component of the role involves running Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Adept in Sophisticated Excel and running MS Office tools
- Must be skilled in Python, SQL and Power BI
- Good knowledge of VBA, Tableau would be an added advantage.
- Exposure on working with projects that include automation experience.
- Consistent record working efficiently handling changing demands and circumstances; capable of responding resourcefully to ambiguity.
- Self-help attitude towards new technology combined with a quick ability to size up new projects.
- Shown ability to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment.
- Willingness to challenge processes and propose solutions.
- Strong eye to attention to detail.
- Being able to multi task and prioritize work and deliver under tight deadlines.
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.