Assistant Vice President, Internal Audit for Group Retail & Operations, Group Audit
Posting Date: 13-Sep-2022
Location: Singapore (City Area), Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
function is an independent internal audit team that provides objective assurance and consulting to improve and add value to the Group's operations. We help the Group achieve its strategic objectives by adopting a systematic and disciplined approach towards evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Job Responsibilities
- Conduct risk assessment on auditable entities of Group Retail & Operations in accordance with Group Audit standards.
- Identify emerging risks and industry trends to assess implications on the auditable entities and the audit plan.
- Plan, execute and manage end-to-end audits for Retail Banking activities, including Basel II Independent Validation. Ensure adequate coverage and timeliness in completing audit documentation.
- Evaluate materiality of issues and related root causes and assess the effectiveness of controls to determine potential impact of any control failure, and the corrective actions required. Prepare a concise report on audit findings and recommendations.
- Use technology and data analytics to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audit tests and continuous audits.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Possess a recognized degree or equivalent professional qualifications/credentials with 5 or more years of relevant audit experience and able to accommodate a manageable amount of travel. Certification(s) in these areas is a plus. CPA, CISA, CFE, CIA would be preferred.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and cope with change and diversity in a fast-paced environment.
- Can work with diverse teams and display positive mindset in adapting to change.
- Has sound working knowledge of audit/risk assessment techniques and principles.
- Has knowledge with tools utilized to query, transform, and/or present data, including Excel/Access/VBA, SQL, ACL, SAS, Qlik View, Tableau, etc. an added advantage.
- Collaborative and customer oriented while resourceful and results driven.
- Attention to detail with effective writing and presentation skills
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.