The APAC Tax Operations Controls Senior Expert is a key role within the EMEA Private Bank Operations & Technology organization and a key partner to Private Bank Senior Management Team, Investments Business Management, Discretionary Business Management, Business Risk & Control, Legal and Compliance.
The role includes line management responsibilities and oversight across all operational functions associated with Tax transaction withholding applicable to Singapore and Hong Kong. The Tax O&T Global organization is based in Zurich, Warsaw, Chennai, Pune and Singapore.
The overall objectives of this role are strengthening Operational Tax processes, Governance and detection of issues, link between Product & Operational Taxation and increase awareness and knowledge on Operational Taxes. Responsibilities:
- Analyze Tax transaction withholding processes - Front to Back
- Execute key controls through periodic testing
- Provide metrics such as functional dashboards, issue tracker or change management updates part of BAU function
- Perform 3-way reconciliation between tax authorities, clients, and custodians
- Escalate any discrepancies identified in the e2e process impact tax processes (root cause analysis, bank/client impact, Tax Authority/client settlement, P&L booking)
- Communicate operational changes arising from remediation or process / control enhancements to Operations & Technology
- Develop Business Requirements for system-related enhancements and End to end management of implementation of new or amended taxes
- Tax Payments: Provide instructions to Operations for any manual payments to tax authorities and manual client debit/credit bookings
- Maintain active relationship with key business and deliver appropriate and effective stakeholder communication.
- Execute the road map to improve tax operations efficiency, controls, and resilience
- Participate in CPB and ICG Tax SteerCo and related Governance Committees
- Streamline process inconsistencies, mitigate risks, and process documentation. Sharing knowledge among team across Zurich and Warsaw to manage tax operations controls functions.
- Anticipate details of future taxations by communicating directly with key stakeholders and staying informed of relevant trends and industry new
Job Family Group:
- Overall 8+ years of experience in Operations or Technology in the financial industry.
- Min. 2 years of experience in Tax Operations or Tax Technology organizations.
- Min. 4 years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Knowledge in APAC jurisdictional taxations.
- Experience in program change and project management. Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- University degree of business administration, law, project management, economics, finance, accounting or technology.
- Good understanding of Investments and Capital Market products as well as trade execution and settlement processes.
- Adequate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
- Experience working both independently and, in a team,-oriented, collaborative environment
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Must be able to understand and apply new technologies at a high level, identify automation opportunities
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Cash Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting