Citi's Asia Consumer Bank serves more than 120 cities in 17 markets across Asia and Europe. Citi offers a diversified range of products ranging from retail banking, wealth management, insurance, mortgage, Citi branded cards and loans to our 17 million clients. With more than a century of enviable brand and market leadership, we are competitively well-positioned to grow a high-quality customer base that benefits most from our capabilities.
Citi's Asia Consumer bank is in the midst of a significant transformation to leverage data, digital, and mobile technologies to drive a better, more cost-effective, customer experience. Reaching our desired end-state of a forward compatible, data-driven enterprise will require significant technology, process, organizational, and cultural change.
Reporting directly to the Head of Data & Analytics, EMEA / APAC, this role will manage a direct and indirect team to affect incremental business outcomes across all key lines of business / functions with a focus on Wealth.
Specifically, the role holder will be responsible for four primary areas - platform engineering, AI / ML, data engineering and data visualization.
The role holder will define and execute relevant roadmaps across all four areas, ensuring key stakeholders are engaged and consulted, and roadmaps are aligned to business priorities to drive revenue outcomes.
In particular, the role holder will partner closely with Technology to standardize data platforms, simplify architecture, and deliver the platform roadmap. Responsibilities: Platform Engineering
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Define technology roadmap for data platforms in partnership with Technology, engaging relevant stakeholders to ensure required capabilities are identified and incorporated into future state architecture
- Drive technical vision, technology stack selection and identification of emerging technologies as it relates to big data and artificial intelligence
- Build sponsorship for transformation and investment, ensuring a robust business case is presented spanning capabilities, risk, and cost
- Ensure effective integration with data, models and messaging platforms to achieve agile delivery of new use cases
- Act as gatekeeper with respect to change on data platforms, ensuring changes are in line with platform vision
- Partner with Technology to review proposed changes to data platforms to ensure solutions are robust, well designed and in line with platform vision
- Ensure all risks and issues with respect to data platforms are identified and corrective actions defined and delivered in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Citi policies and standards for all data platforms under your purview (including but not limited to information security, entitlements, COB, records management, etc.)
- Work closely with the Production Support team in the event of an incident, ensuring incidents are addressed in a timely manner and root cause identified and addressed via corrective action plan where appropriate
- Define the roadmap to accelerate the use of AI / ML across the Consumer Bank, ensuring the roadmap is aligned to business priorities
- Act as an evangelist for AI / ML, educating stakeholders as to how AI / ML can drive value for the bank at scale
- Work closely with key stakeholders to identify ways in which AI / ML can be leveraged to solve business problems
- Lead a team of Data Scientists based in our India CoE to create, optimize and productionize AI / ML models across the Consumer Bank, in line with the defined roadmap
- Ensure that all AI / ML models are deployed in line with Citi policy, and relevant regulations
- Guide the future direction of data strategy and processes, including intake, sources, database design and structure, data integrity and database tools.
- Working in close partnership with the Business Analytics & Insights team to define the data needs of the business, aligned to strategy and priorities and ensure the logic for data elements is defined and data is available in our data lake.
- Partner with Technology to ingest the required data assets and deliver reporting cubes, lead test and deployment of reporting cubes and underlying data layers.
- Transform data and information into insights that inform high-level strategy and tactical decision-making in support of revenue and profitability objectives.
- Be a champion for a data driven culture, lead a team of cross-functional analysts and support and train staff in data systems and reporting.
- Develop and execute a plan to maximize self-service capabilities for internal users and customers.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers to ensure information needs are formalized and understood and be conversant in the functional requirements for information exchange.
- Ensure compliance with Citi policies and standards with respect to data management / data governance.
Knowledge / Experience: Essential:
- Develop and execute the data visualization roadmap.
- Drive adoption of business intelligence and analytics solutions, gaining support of multiple stakeholders and driving adoption.
- Lead the regional visualization COE which serves as the regional center of data visualization skills, expertise, people, process, and tools / applications.
- Develop and drive adoption of data visualization standards and principles, ensuring there is consistency across the board.
- Work with technology business sponsors to prioritize the continued enhancement of regional reporting capabilities to continually provide incremental business value.
- 10+ years' relevant experience in similar roles, preferably within the financial services industry, or a background in any large-scale consumer-oriented firm
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology or related field
- Expert technical understanding of technology required to implement and execute self-service insights and campaign delivery
- Knowledge of big data platforms incorporating the data ingestion, query, governance, and deployment life cycle (Hadoop, R, Python, Spark), as well as on-premise hybrid and cloud-based deployment standards
- Knowledge of statistical modeling including development and model deployment on enterprise platforms
- Strong understanding of data architecture, data quality and related technologies
- Working experience with real time data, reporting, and data as a service technology such as APIs and micro-services
- Experienced with customer analytics - understanding individual customer behavior patterns in acquisition, engagement, retention using individual propensity models, segmentation approaches, etc.
- Experience with enterprise-level budget planning and management processes Uses Confluence, JIRA, and other agile team process tools to accelerate team outcomes
- Must possess and demonstrate a "commercial mindset"
- Knowledge of a consumer banking business across all product lines and associated business acumen
- Experience with business intelligence (BI) tools through full project lifecycle (requirements gathering, technical design, build and deployment)
- Experience with Tableau, certification preferred
Job Family Group:
- Stakeholder management - experience working with and managing multiple senior stakeholders
- Influencing skills - acts as an evangelist for data platforms and capabilities
- Self-motivated and accountable - demonstrated ability to follow through to execution
- Project management - ability to lead cross functional teams towards a common vision
- Organized - can juggle multiple, potentially competing priorities with assurance
- Detail oriented - obsessed with quality
- Superior communication - able to clearly articulate complex strategies / techniques and ideas, in both oral and written form, to senior management, with associated confidence
- Execution oriented - doesn't remain in the theoretical; is able to make choices / decisions in the name of delivering rapid business impact
- Collaborative - easy to work with, across all levels of the organization; builds effective working relationships
- Bias for change - actively seeks out ways to improve processes, people, etc.
- Influencing - able to influence outcomes without necessarily direct authority; experienced navigating large complex organizations to achieve results
Decision Management Job Family:
Business Analysis Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting