The Applications Development Senior Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities. Responsibilities:
- Manage one or more Applications Development teams in an effort to accomplish established goals as well as conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
- Review and analyze proposed technical solutions for projects
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for applications development and other functional areas
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual data in complicated and unique situations
- Impact the Applications Development area through monitoring delivery of end results, participate in budget management, and handling day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards negotiating with external parties when necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15-16 years of relevant experience in the Financial Service industry
- Experience as Applications Development Manager
- Experience as senior level in an Applications Development role
- Stakeholder and people management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven project management skills
- Basic knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Responsible for functional leadership of multiple large scale/complex software solutions on the Paymens domain. Hands on experience in business analyst role interacting with business users, drawing payment flows, writing & owning FSDs, Interfacing documents etc.
Strong GPPSP SME knowledge to design payment flows & provides solution. Responsible for implementing GPPSP product across countries with robust solution for both hardware & software solutions. Strong experience in working with various Payments schemes, preferably Faster Payments scheme of any country, and Payments messaging formats such as ISO 8583, ISO 20022, and SWIFT etc.
Support as SME for Design, code, test, document and implement application release projects as part of development team.
Experience in building enterprise transaction based system with focus on recovery, stability, reliability, scalability and performance.
Experience in working on JMS / MQ applications.
Technical exposure will be preferable.
Work closely with Program Management and Quality Control teams to deliver quality software to agreed project schedules.
Proactively notify Development Project Manager of risks, bottlenecks, problems, issues, and concerns.
Compliance with Citi's System Development Lifecycle and Information Security requirements
- Experience in Agile / Scrum based development methodology Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting