FVP/VP, CASA Team Lead Investigator , Personal Financial Services, Group Retail
Posting Date: 08-Sep-2022
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.
This role will be leading the team of investigators + ASC stationed at the Singapore Police Force's Anti-Scam Centre (ASC) on weekdays and is tasked to work closely with the Police, coordinate fraud intelligence and take swift actions on accounts that had been or might be used for fraudulent activities.
• Oversight and Lead the Investigations team with the given team capacity;
• Coordinate with Anti-Scam Centre ("ASC") to assist in tracking and recovering funds lost by our customers & Apply freeze/earmark of bank accounts in accordance with operational requirements;
• Ensure that instructions to act on accounts and provision of banking information are supported with police report & police orders;
• Review the escalations received from Business Units and update a Fraud Database for trend analysis and reporting. Conceptualize and implement, where possible, new ideas for the explanation of past, current and future fraud trends;
• Enhance market intelligence network by maintaining a working relationship with all industry members to keep abreast of fraud management developments, threats and trends.
• To fulfil other responsibilities as and when required by the management in line with changing fraud trends and patterns;
• Render investigation support to Police & ASC on matters related to fraudulent, scam and phishing related cases;
• Manage and liaise with SPF on Police Orders;
• Liaise with internal & external industry working group on fraud related matters;
• Interact with external parties such as SPF, Anti Scam Center (ASC) and Fraud counterparts in FIs to maintain fraud information exchange;
• Must be able to travel (if required) & other task assignment by the management.
*University Degree / Diploma or equivalent preferred will be an added value.
*6 years relevant experience in fraud risk management or fraud/scam incident handling preferred.
*Experience in law enforcement and investigation processes would be an added advantage. Possess good working relationship with law enforcement agencies.
*Have good working knowledge of cyber frauds and social engineering modus operandi will be an advantage.
*Have knowledge of the financial services industry, specifically in consumer and corporate banking.
*Intermediate-level knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project Management and other necessary applications.
*Independent, resourceful and enthusiastic with a high sense of integrity.
*Good interpersonal and analytical skills with ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced and under intense pressure.
*Strong team player with good organization and planning skills.
*Highly adaptable in an ever-evolving digital environment
*Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
*Relevant investigative skills - interviewing, report writing, evidence gathering, fact finding and analysis, delivering *briefings and presenting evidence at internal, civil, criminal, and/or disciplinary proceedings - would be an added advantage.