- Responsible for ensuring executed trades are captured from various trade order management systems, imported into the accounting systems, matched and confirmed with brokers, and delivered successfully to the custodians.
- Specific job responsibilities include assisting the trading desk with ticketing and allocations; supporting settlements group with reconciliations; coordinating new account/broker/custodian take on processes; matching and confirming trades with brokers; and delivering trades to the custodians.
- He/She will work closely with broker counterparties, custodians and other third parties to ensure trade date confirmation and trade transmissions. Responsible for closely monitoring automated electronic trade confirmations process and systems; verify trades against counterparty instructions; authorize and dispatch trades via Swift messaging system to custodian, clients, and fund accounts; and ensure all trades have been sent successfully by checking appropriate queues and processes.
- The incumbent will have knowledge of automated trade processing and demonstrate strong understanding of life cycle of trade; Excellent verbal and written communication skills with keen attention to details;
- Ability to work effectively in a project team setting yet able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The incumbent must also be detail-oriented with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Additionally, the incumbent must be able to utilize Excel, Word, MS Project, Visio, Bloomberg, to analyze and present data.
- The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor s degree or equivalent in Business or Finance and 1-3 years of Middle Office Operations experience with an Investment Management, Broker Dealer, Prime Broker organization.
- Bachelors degree in finance or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of total relevant work experience preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.