The Candidate is responsible for providing oversight Regulatory Operations processes/controls supporting APAC regulatory compliance under ASIC, MAS, HKMA , KRX trade/transaction reporting Processes
- Maintain a high standard of process and control across regulatory transaction reporting, recordkeeping and other in-scope regulatory processes/controls configured to mitigate risk of Regulatory Non-Compliance.
- Conduct regular review of "BAU" regulatory processes, promoting risk awareness and taking accountability for remediation where necessary.
- Maintain and inspire a highly specialized onshore team that is skilled and motivated to deliver and maintain a high quality control environment across post-trade regulatory processing.
- Implement appropriate daily monitoring and management of post-trade regulatory obligations under to ensure regulatory compliance within tightly defined risk parameters.
- Report regulatory key metrics for senior management
- Support operation control framework assessments/updates for regulatory operation compliance related processes and associated control gap remediation
- Interface with in-country stakeholders to ensure alignment on key priorities, control framework standards and visibility over pipeline regulations and associated changes
- Act as informed advisor to internal stakeholders with respect to the regulatory processing and controls area, particularly with regard to upcoming regulatory change
- Contributing to dialogue across the spectrum of operational regulatory matters such as data standardization, rules harmonization and controls
- Extensive knowledge of Regulatory reporting products and derivatives business, the regulatory framework and associated operational processes
- Working knowledge of ASIC, MAS and HKMA reporting regulation, utilities and change agenda (working knowledge EMIR and Dodd Frank are advantageous).
- Strong organizational skills, ability to develop and manage projects
- Proven ability to define and implement industry best practice operational processes & controls
- Able to understand and implement the complex change agenda across multiple processes, locations and stakeholder groups
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and enjoys working in a multi-tasking environment.
- Flexibility and Adaptability - Job rotation, Stagger Hours, working on Public Holidays and Shift Work
- Bachelors degree preferred.2-5 years of total work experience preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.