Who we are looking for
An individual who is highly motivated and will advance the efficiency and productivity of a middle office team. This person will provide support for day-to-day operations as well as suggest and implement tools, technology, and processes that will directly improve operational service levels. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As an Assistant Vice President on the Claims Management team you will:
What we value
- Perform daily Claims activities.
- Communicate with internal teams across departments to research and resolve claims.
- Communicate (verbal and written) with clients and internal management related to claim activity and ad-hoc inquiries.
- Coordinate/oversee special projects.
- Define, prioritize, and manage successful completion of ad hoc client requests, reports and/or projects. Ensure timeliness of deliverables and that final product meets client needs.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Assist management in the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Resource for monitoring, reporting and resolution of escalated issues.
- Perform other duties as requested.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong client service skills with ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management
- The ability to act globally
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
About State Street What we do.
- 4 year degree in relevant field.
- At least 5-7 years of industry experience. Understanding of securities operations and investment manager middle or back office operations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making abilities.
- Computer proficient, including spreadsheet (MS Excel) and database applications skills.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers