At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. Our Data department is responsible for delivering reported and derived data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. The Team:
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services! This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is the leading provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs! The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to out-performance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, crypto, and alternative investments. The Role:
As an Index Fulfillment Data Specialist, you will join a global team who is responsible for the implementation and support of customers who purchase our index files. You will need to demonstrate strong project management skills to coordinate all aspects of the on-boarding process, including working with sales, engineering, and analytics in order to understand the client workflow and provide best in-class solutions. We'll trust you to:
- Fulfill terminal and enterprise entitlement privileging to allow clients to access certain index datasets
- Bring passion and enthusiasm to every situation. You strive to see results and enjoy solving complex problems, and you like nothing more than finding a creative way to improve a process
- Act as main point of contact to our sales and clients to onboard new index businesses through the creation of new Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) accounts
- Prioritize and manage the set-up delivery of our index files for clients, troubleshoot existing accounts and implement new revenue for our index business
- Manage and analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement new innovative workflow solutions to improve the time to market/quality/create efficiency in your dataset and to improve customer experience
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
We'd love to see
- Have awareness of technological developments within the department and industry to drive innovations and align developments You'll need to have:
- 1-3 years of customer service experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, index, market data providers or financial institutions
- Demonstrated experience of the fixed income market
- Demonstrated experience in project management in the past 2 years
- Experience in finding technical solutions to help automate our clients' data workflows and find efficiencies, for example improving data creation and distribution capabilities
- Shown ability to collaborate with global team of motivated sales, engineers, and analytics to improve the quality of data products
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Does this sound like you?
- An understanding of Bloomberg's Index business or Indices
- Basic market knowledge across different asset classes
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.