Ideas | People | Trust
We're BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today's changing world.We'll broaden your horizons
Working hard and working together, our Tax team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service our clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across BDO to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients' evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you're after a career that will keep you on your toes, we'll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.We'll help you succeed
You will be responsible for the day to day analysis and production of capital allowances and land remediation relief claims and advice for a range of clients. The role provides an exceptional opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their technical, commercial and client relationship skills in a supportive and collaborative environment, working with colleagues who are recognised as experts in the sector.
Our client base will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to work on a challenging and varied portfolio, delivering tax reporting, compliance and advisory services both in the UK and internationally. Key to the role is for the individual to be able to pro-actively manage their own workload, communicating with directors/partners on a regular basis. This is essential due to the size and nature of the team. Furthermore, you will be expected to be able to consider and highlight further opportunities to develop new work.
When you join us, we'll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far.
We're looking for someone with:
We're in it together
- An in depth, up to date, knowledge of Capital Allowances and Land Remediation legislation
- Specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
- Project management experience
- Staff management experience
- Ability to profitably manage a substantial client portfolio
- Ability to actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing direct with client senior management
- ATT/CTA qualification an advantage
- RICS qualification an advantage but not necessary
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following core benefits:
- 28 days' holiday;
- access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Income Protection insurance;
That's not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. They can:
- buy up to ten days' extra holiday;
- add on Private Medical, Personal Accident, Dental or Travel Insurance; Home Technology
- enrol in our Bikes to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts at cinemas, dining out, shopping and gyms through our Employee Discounts arrangement;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access additional services like our financial wellbeing platform, online GP service or our Employee Assistance Programme
We understand that everyone works in different ways and the same environment isn't always suited to every task. So we give you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work, providing you with the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to deliver your best for yourself, your team, and your clients.We're looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we're always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,000 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We've got a clear purpose, and we're confident in our future, because we're adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.