We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: See yourself as a Trading Analyst:
PIMCO's Portfolio Management team creates and supports investment solutions designed to help clients meet their financial goals while navigating decades of market change. The most important function of this role is to maximize return consistent with client objectives. You will work alongside Portfolio Managers on the desk, focusing on supporting the execution and optimization of trades and required research. You will gain insight into the day-to-day functioning of Capital Markets, and contribute firsthand the trading of global risk and capital flows. Successful interns receiving full time offers will have the opportunity to join full-time after graduation. Responsibilities of the role include:
You'll excel as a Trading Analyst if you:
- Aggregate sector/market news and trade flows through communication with sell-side traders in order to update Trade Floor
- Analyzing and developing trade ideas in fixed income products
- Assist senior traders in execution of orders and trade flow
- Communication with sell-side traders/economist/strategist in order understand current market dynamics
- Support Senior Portfolio Managers in terms of managing client accounts
- Create tools in order to streamline processes and improve efficiency
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
- Show a strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, investments, finance
- Have strong work ethic and integrity; you should be a team player that is proactive and self-motivated
- Have the ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Are comfortable with handling ambiguity
- Possess outstanding analytical and mathematical skills
- Have proficiency in at least one of the following: Python, SQL, and/or VBA
The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed as you start the Analyst program. Formal and informal training will continue throughout your time in the program, creating a rigorous learning environment. The objective is to provide you with a diverse learning experience across products and key disciplines within investment management. Mentoring is a critical component of your success; you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who will provide guidance and mentorship throughout the program. Analyst Program Details
- Starts in mid-June 2023
- Formal mentor program
How you should apply: We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready. What to expect during the interview process:
- The PIMCO Early Career Development Program is for junior employees at the Analyst level. The program's objective is to develop top talent with a focus on career development, mobility and employee engagement.
- Reviews/feedback during each level of the Analyst program
Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- one-way video interview.
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
• Are an undergraduate with an expected graduation date of Dec 2022 - June 2023
• Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
• Have a field of study that provides exposure to financial/capital markets, economics, mathematics, engineering, or applied sciences.
• Are business proficient in English Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office