Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experience analyst developer with strong knowledge on design patterns such as microservices and Python development in designing and delivering technology solutions across Data & Regulations and Low Code platforms technology stack. You will lead and contribute to all aspects of solution design, technical development, testing and implementation of high quality and performance platforms that are easy to maintain and extend. You are passionate about technology and building dynamic solutions that enable agility and create value to our business stakeholders in Operations that allows them to have that competitive advantage in this evolving landscape.
You will need to be technically competent and analytical with the ability to understand business challenges to deliver the right solution to them. You are a team player and will work closely with the different agile teams under APAC Technology, Global Operations Innovation and Global Technology across London on development/solution engagement. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager managing over £700 billion of clients' assets. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5500 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. We take immense pride in our culture and our reputation of being an employer of choice. It's important to us that our people feel valued, included, and supported in their professional and personal growth.
By promoting flexible working, championing inclusion, and making health and wellbeing a priority, we have created the conditions for our people to thrive. The base
The role will be based in our APAC Regional hub in Singapore and will be part of the APAC Operations Technology Delivery team. The team APAC Operations Technology
team supports the Operations Regional hubs operating out of Singapore, which has a footprint coverage of 7 countries - Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, and Australia) and covers Fund Operations operating out of Hong Kong. The team works closely with the regional business to deliver solutions to service their local demands whilst supporting and collaborating with the global business and technology teams on delivering strategic programmes where required. Operations Technology
team is at the cusp of exciting technology changes within Schroders. We are pivoting our applications to cloud, re-modernizing the Technology Stack and building up our low-code capability to further drive operational efficiency. The technology stack includes in-house solutions to Saas and Vendor-based platforms such as Aladdin, Outsystem, Xceptor, Symphony etc. We want talented people that can be part of this journey as we expand our capabilities and to deliver innovative solutions through continuous improvements. You will work in a vibrant environment, with ample opportunities to collaborate/partner with global technology teams to work on global programmes and initiatives. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience, and qualifications you need
- Work on day-to-day software development
- Develop solutions with a cloud first approach
- Demonstrate an interest in expanding both financial and technical knowledge proactively.
- Work closely with Engineering lead to implement the Operations Technology roadmap.
- Work closely with Delivery lead to prioritize backlog and ensure technical debts are being tracked, logged, and mitigated in a timely manner.
- Lead in all aspects of software delivery in terms of design, development, testing and implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring agile team work to continuously improve on how they develop applications to be easy on maintenance and extendable
- Responsible in supporting the agile teams in terms of providing technical guidance, conducting code reviewing, ensuring adherence to software standards and policies, and mentoring the junior developers where required
- Contribute to agile planning and ceremonies including story refinement, system demos, and retrospectives
- Contribute to Enterprise Engineering community through discussion on technology trends, innovative ideas and sharing of solutions to common issues
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so.
- Provide 3rd line production support and where required across London time zone for global applications
What will be good to have:
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience working on either React & Node JS for front-end UI or .Net for backend programming languages
- Minimum 2 years of experience on python programing
- Experience working on SQL or NoSQL database technologies
- Proven knowledge in implementing design patterns using microservices or others
What you'll be like
- Experience working in a financial services industry
- Knowledge on working market data and platforms such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv, MEDM, Factset, etc
- Knowledge on low code platform such as Xceptor, Outsystem or similar platforms
- Knowledge on Denodo, Snowflake and other data cloud technologies
- Knowledge on shift-left testing and usage of test automation tool
- Exposure on cloud applications and platform e.g Azure or AWS is a plus
- Knowledge of Dev Ops and methodologies and tools using GIT, CI/CD
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Organized, self-motivated with a good level of energy
- Team oriented and enjoys collaborating with others
- Strong problem solver and willing to challenge status quo
- Excellent communicator in both verbal and written form
- Able to articulate and present technical solutions in clear, concise way to stakeholders
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Friendly, approachable and able to work in global settings
- Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.