Lake Street Advisors
Portsmouth, NH or Boston, MA
We are looking for a self-motivated problem solver of high integrity to join our growing firm as an Investment Advisor on the Investment team. Reporting to the Director of Investments, the Investment Advisor contributes to both client teams and investment research as well as pursues new business opportunities through relationships with clients and external contacts and actively participates in the Business Development process.
The essential duties of the Investment Advisor include, and are not limited to:
- Serve as the point person for all investment related advice on client teams
- Stay abreast of events affecting markets, interpret for, and communicate to client as needed
- Ad hoc questions/projects in conjunction with Investment Analyst and Director of Investments
- Create and maintain detailed, customized Investment Policy Statement
- Consult with clients on portfolio objectives
- Design personalized asset allocation strategy
- Monitor portfolios and make rebalancing/tax loss harvesting recommendations as well as identify potential cost saving opportunities
- Be a strong contributor to all aspects of third party investment manager due diligence
- Actively participate in Investment Committee meetings as a voting member
- Manage the implementation of client investment decisions with Investment Analysts
- Help develop Investment Analysts’ client related work product and communication skills
- Pursue new business opportunities through relationships with clients and external contacts
- Develop and maintain strong Center of Influence (COI) network that can serve as referral network for potential prospects and new clients
- Actively participate in the Business Development process
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and colleagues
- Detail-oriented, with a focus on delivering top-notch client service
- Minimum 6 years prior experience in investments or financial services with increasing client facing responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Series 65 is a requirement of the job and is financially supported, as needed, by the firm
- Proficiency in MS Office with a demonstrated aptitude for mathematics and spreadsheets
- Experience with FactSet, Addepar, and Salesforce a plus
- Completion of MBA and/or CFA/CFP is strongly preferred
- Some travel (approximately 20%) for client or investment manager meetings, as necessary
Lake Street Advisors is a profoundly independent, singularly focused wealth management firm with locations in Portsmouth, NH, and Boston, MA, serving high-wealth family clients in New England and across the country. As a proven and trusted advisor, we provide transparency and a full support team to manage a client’s diverse investment and financial planning needs. Because we are not tied to any products or managers, clients rely on us for expert, independent service tailored to their situation.
We offer a professional, entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment with competitive employee salaries. Our comprehensive benefit package currently includes 401(k) with employer matching, health and dental insurance with employer contributions, health savings and flexible spending accounts, employer-paid life insurance and short/long term disability, a professional development program, and employer-paid time off.
Lake Street Advisors is an equal opportunity employer.