Portfolio Management Director
A leading private investment management firm based in Mayfair with a track record of excellent performance and client service is seeking to recruit a Portfolio Management Director, reporting directly to the Chief Investment Officer. The firm has an expertise in managing global multi-asset portfolios, across the full range of public and private assets for families, endowments and charities. This job opportunity is for the role of Portfolio Management Director, within the investment team.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer the role is responsible for managing a team of (associates/analysts) which oversees client portfolios. Activities include:
- Portfolio construction, risk management and monitoring of client portfolios to ensure they are consistent with the agreed investment objectives and restrictions, and consistent with the target asset allocation and investment strategy.
- Managing regular portfolio management tasks, including cash flow management, and hedging.
- Selection and due diligence of systematic investments that fulfil portfolio management needs.
- Assisting in Asset Allocation process; synthesising qualitative macro strategy, asset class strategy and valuations.
- Ensuring smooth execution of client trades in line with portfolio mandates and internal policies.
- Assist in developing client relationships by understanding client investments needs and proposing suitable solutions
- Communicate and develop material for clients and prospects including; preparing input to reports, regular client communication in update meetings, work towards client development, including the creation of bespoke portfolios in line with the model asset allocations and asset class positioning.
- Attend and contribute at regular investment committee and team investment meetings.
- Extensive experience of portfolio management, and investment preferably across different asset classes (usually 7 years or more)
- High quality degree from a top university, (at least 2.1), with strong quantitative skills.
- Open mindedness, intellectual curiosity with demonstrable, keen interest in financial markets and investment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with evidence of ability to work independently and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to learn quickly, and follow the company investment philosophy and approach to investing
- Good interpersonal and presentational skills, with ability to communicate investment ideas at varying levels of sophistication
- Finally, we look for hard-working, collaborative and sympathetic colleagues who put the interests of the firm first